Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next Combat Flight Simulator should be

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The next Combat Flight Simulator should be

    Right. As far as the combat sims go, it's been fun flying WW2 planes and whatnot. But now, M-Soft needs to come out with a simulator that lets us fly modern day war aircraft, such as:
    F16 Falcon
    B2 Bomber
    Douglas A4 Skyraider
    C130 Hercules
    C5 Galaxy ( )
    SR-71 Blackbird
    A10 Thunderbolt
    C17 Globemaster 3
    YF-23 Black Widow 2

    There's a shiteload of aircraft I could list, but you get the idea. I'm ready to break the sound barrier (wonder what it would look like), and surround the room I'm in with some thunder. (sound of that F16 taking off )

    Do you think they'll ever come out with a simulator like that? Don't get me wrong, I like flying the WW2 planes, but now I want to try flying some of the supersonic jets.

  • #2
    Try lock-on?

    Comment


    • #3
      Is it a pretty good simulator?

      Comment


      • #4
        From what I've seen yeah. I think there's a virtual thunderbirds team for that game. It's either that one or LOMAC. I really don't know anything about combat sims.

        Comment


        • #5
          IL2 is good, wings over veitnam and lockon are ok. But CFS sucked. I had that game and it was glitchy as hell, I wont even bring up MS's flight model. If you want to do combat I would stay away from any MS product. The other games out there are so much better. There is also another WWII game, I think its called Aces High. The graphics kindoff suck but sometimes lots of people are on at one time which can make for some pretty cool combat situations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by seventwo
            IL2 is good, wings over veitnam and lockon are ok. But CFS sucked. I had that game and it was glitchy as hell, I wont even bring up MS's flight model. If you want to do combat I would stay away from any MS product. The other games out there are so much better. There is also another WWII game, I think its called Aces High. The graphics kindoff suck but sometimes lots of people are on at one time which can make for some pretty cool combat situations.
            I love that avatar

            Comment


            • #7
              I like having combats (even though I suck sorry at it), but mainly I just want to fly all the fast jets. I did some research on 'Lock-On', and it said that while the graphics are good and all, it's kind of slow, even with a 2.4 GHz computer (which is what I have).

              I liked the 1st CFS; the engine noise was much more realistic than CFS2. The problem was when you'd be in cockpit view of the aircraft it would sound like one airplane, but when you switched to spot plane mode it sounded like another. (The P38 sounded just like the P51 in spot mode) I'll be getting CFS3 soon; don't know what it'll be like.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GeneralSirDouglasMcArthur
                I like having combats (even though I suck sorry at it), but mainly I just want to fly all the fast jets. I did some research on 'Lock-On', and it said that while the graphics are good and all, it's kind of slow, even with a 2.4 GHz computer (which is what I have).

                I liked the 1st CFS; the engine noise was much more realistic than CFS2. The problem was when you'd be in cockpit view of the aircraft it would sound like one airplane, but when you switched to spot plane mode it sounded like another. (The P38 sounded just like the P51 in spot mode) I'll be getting CFS3 soon; don't know what it'll be like.
                Search avsim.com for some sounds

                Comment


                • #9
                  Strike Fighters has such an open concept that it's grown from a Vietnam era game to where they are building all kinds of aircraft for it. It's not PC hog like Lomac, but the graphics aren't the same "last I knew".

                  http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...bb=forum;f=145

                  These guys at SIMHQ really do a lot for this game so if you have other questions they could answer them.

                  A lot of the Aircraft you have listed there aren't combat aircraft. If you're looking to fly military aircraft, FS9 has some really great models and there are a few groups who put together some awesome AI packages to expand the military feel.

                  http://rides.webshots.com/album/105407966mXDFEo

                  I had a real blast doing up skins and AI traffic for these bases

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Although if you're looking to blow stuff up FS9 is gonna hold you back.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JordanD
                      Although if you're looking to blow stuff up FS9 is gonna hold you back.
                      true, but these aircraft aren't going to blow much up in any combat sim
                      C-130 Hercules
                      C-5 Galaxy
                      SR-71 Blackbird
                      C-17 Globemaster 3
                      YF-23 Black Widow 2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Top_Gun
                        Strike Fighters has such an open concept that it's grown from a Vietnam era game to where they are building all kinds of aircraft for it. It's not PC hog like Lomac, but the graphics aren't the same "last I knew".

                        http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...bb=forum;f=145

                        These guys at SIMHQ really do a lot for this game so if you have other questions they could answer them.

                        A lot of the Aircraft you have listed there aren't combat aircraft. If you're looking to fly military aircraft, FS9 has some really great models and there are a few groups who put together some awesome AI packages to expand the military feel.

                        http://rides.webshots.com/album/105407966mXDFEo

                        I had a real blast doing up skins and AI traffic for these bases
                        Thanks for the info.

                        Is FS9 the Flight Sim 2004?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I love CFS3, I prefer its graphics/effects over the other games and the campaign is very addicting. I just got Just Flight's "Battle of Britain" expansion and I've never hads so much fun with a combat flight sim. I highly suggest getting it if you have CFS3, it comes with new models for the Spitfire and BF-109 that are far better than the default and fly much more realistically.

                          Anway, as far as modern combat goes, I hear Falcon 4.0 and Lock On are the best.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, I'v heard that Falcon 4.0 is the best combat sim. I have been meaning to get that one.

                            http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GeneralSirDouglasMcArthur
                              Right. As far as the combat sims go, it's been fun flying WW2 planes and whatnot. But now, M-Soft needs to come out with a simulator that lets us fly modern day war aircraft, such as:
                              F16 Falcon - fair enough
                              B2 Bomber - also okay, though rather boring to do a 16hr bomb run...
                              Douglas A4 Skyraider - modern? they havent flown in combat in 30 years...
                              C130 Hercules - not very combat
                              C5 Galaxy ( ) - see above
                              SR-71 Blackbird - see above above
                              A10 Thunderbolt - fair enough
                              C17 Globemaster 3 - see above above above above
                              YF-23 Black Widow 2 - doesnt even fly anymore...

                              There's a shiteload of aircraft I could list, but you get the idea. I'm ready to break the sound barrier (wonder what it would look like), and surround the room I'm in with some thunder. (sound of that F16 taking off )

                              Do you think they'll ever come out with a simulator like that? Don't get me wrong, I like flying the WW2 planes, but now I want to try flying some of the supersonic jets.
                              But yeah, try Lock-On...closest you are going to get...


                              ________
                              DT250

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X