Saitek blows..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saitek blows..

Does anybody know how to fix a joystick that just randomly turns right even when I'm not touching it? I've tried calibrating it and it just jumps to the right in the calibration window, so that never fixes it. It jumps randomly even when sitting still. Is it just crapped out or is there some other way to fix it? I don't really like the idea of having to buy a new one. It's a Saitek Cyborgevo if that helps any. It's making fs damn near unplayable.

really? I have it. Never had a problem with it, reinstall i guess.

Comment

Reinstall what? The joystick?

Comment

How old is it?

Comment

I got it on Christmas 2005 so I guess that's considered a little old. I have a Logitech attack 3 that is even older but works fine, but I don't use it because it doesn't have a hat switch like the Saitek. I would try to return it but I got it off newegg so I don't know how to get proof of purchase.

Comment

hmm it might be crapping out.. I have a Cyborg 3d gold, and when I calibrate it, it is all over the place like yours is, but when I am flying it doesn't act like that.. Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port?

Comment

hah that's wierd. It stays still now when I calibrate it but then it still jumps all over the place in the game.
              Wierd. I plugged it into another USB port and now it works fine.

Comment

If you need to blow something, I think you can be more creative than your Saitek, Jordan.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  If you need to blow something, I think you can be more creative than your Saitek, Jordan.
                  LMFAO priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                    like Hampo, for instance

Comment

Mine does the same thing.. I had to install the drivers for it from the website and increase the null zone for that axis... it worked perfectly...
                      O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingbosshog
                        Mine does the same thing.. I had to install the drivers for it from the website and increase the null zone for that axis... it worked perfectly...
                        I'm pretty sure I have the drivers. Will increasing the null zone make it handle unrealistically? I really have no idea what a null zone is, but I've noticed that when I put it on full the plane seems almost unrealistically stable (even when the joystick isn't broken)

Comment

Ive been having the same prob with my Logitech...ive got two now because they sent me a new one. Jordan is your Saitek the joystick or the X52?

Comment

It's not the X52. Not sure of the number, it just says cyborgevo. The null zone thing worked pretty good. It'll still jump a little bit but not as much as it was. It was flipping my planes over.

Comment

Working...
                            X