My aircraft aren't taking off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My aircraft aren't taking off...

Hopefully somebody can help me with a problem I am experiencing with Flight Simulator 2004. I have been using this particular version of Flight Simulator for two and a half years now, but have recently noticed that some of my aircraft will not take off, in particular the Project OpenSky 737s and some of my Overland aircraft. When at a suitable speed, I pull back on the joystick and the nose goes up, but the aircraft continues down the runway on it's rear gears. Before you know it, you've reached the end of the runway, you're going extremely fast, yet the aircaft is still on the ground.

Has anybody heard of this problem before? If so, do you know what to do to sort it?

Re-installing Flight Simulator would have to be a last resort. I've got so many scenery and aircraft add-ons, which would be a real pain to re-install.

Flaps?

Comment

Go to aircraft payload/fuel. Then make sure you do not have 100% fuel and that all your payload is not situated in the back. Set fuel to 30% and check then. If the problem still exists then try POSKY's forums. www.projectopensky.com

Comment

Did you trim elevator up? Use your keynum right side board (make sure numlock is off). [7} = down [1] = up just hit about 5 to 7 times up before taking off. when you use manual landing use up often sometimes down depends what you are on the glide path slope stay in.

Stuart

Comment

It isn't a problem with fuel, flaps, trim or anything else. About 80% of the aircraft I have will take off with no problems, but some will just not get off of that runway.

Comment

Originally posted by HS-TGY
            It isn't a problem with fuel, flaps, trim or anything else. About 80% of the aircraft I have will take off with no problems, but some will just not get off of that runway.

Hmm, scratching my head. I don't know. Strange. Wait for someone else might answer why it happens.

Stuart

PS-

Did the ground crew pour can of glue on the landing wheels? You better walk outside and check if wheels are clean. LMAO!!!! Just kidding!!

Comment

Sounds like a .cfg or.air file error then. Search posky for the fix !

Comment

Originally posted by HS-TGY
                the simple explanation is probably a combination of poor weight/balance and crappy flight dynamics (i.e. the posky 37)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                  the simple explanation is probably a combination of poor weight/balance and crappy flight dynamics (i.e. the posky 37)
                  Oh dang! I remember that before. i downloaded Qantas 737-800 texture and aircraft.cfg. I was suspicous my plane isn't level right. Nose was a little too lower while crusing. It was autopilot on. It wasn't right level. I checked slats are off. I don't know why. I found big difference from Delta's DVA aircraft.cfg and other model aircraft.cfg I don't remember what model I got from. The compare weight and balance are not the same. I deleted the Weight and balance and copy from DVA weight and balance. It works perfectly. I remembered I'm having problem getting hard pulling up on taking off. After I fixed and the plane take off so easy lift off. You should try check weight and balance edit.

Good luck.

Stuart

Comment

On some aircraft you can press a button to dropp the ailerons, are you doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                      On some aircraft you can press a button to dropp the ailerons, are you doing this?

if an airliner has that feature something is seriously messed.... thats a feature designed for bush planes in order to increase lift... but it also eliminates bank performance...

even if he is doing that... it should at the very least improve his take off preformance

Comment

Chris,
                        I believe that he is talking about the Wing fold feature (it drops the ailerons on the iFDG A32X series to simulate flight surface droop when there is not enough hydraulic pressure).
                        But, do make sure that your wings aren't folded. This is a probable cause of your dilemma.
                        Cheers,
                        A.M.Stecker

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                          Christian
                          I believe that he is talking about the Wing fold feature (it drops the ailerons on the iFDG A32X series to simulate flight surface droop when there is not enough hydraulic pressure).
                          But, do make sure that your wings aren't folded. This is a probable cause of your dilemma.
                          Cheers,
                          A.M.Stecker

filler

filler

Comment

Working...
                          X