FS 2004- need help downloading aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS 2004- need help downloading aircraft

I have flight simulator 2004, and for a few months I've been trying to download repaints. (such as a US Air 737-400) I can't figure out how to do it. If someone could please help, I'm getting sick of flying around airplanes with fictional liveries!!!! haha!
    Thanks for the help- I appreciate it!

I went to www.simviation.com Search FS2004 Civil jets for the one you like. If your FS2004 program files, in the AIRCRAFT folder, make a new folder called addons. Download the jet you like to the addons folder. Unzip it within that folder. Find the file with the aircraft name and open it. Make sure it contains the model, sound, panel and texture files. Move that folder containing those files to your FS2004 Aircraft folder. That should be about it.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

thanks for the help. The only thing that confuses me is the term unzipping. When I right click the file these are my options:
      Explore
      Open
      Find
      Send to...
      Cut
      Copy
      Paste
      Create shortcut
      Delete
      Rename
      My options don't say anything about zipping or unzipping- is there any way you can help me with that?
      Thanks again!

Comment

Most of the aircraft files you download will be a compressed or ".zip" file extention. The folder will look like it has a zipper across it. On mine I right click that folder and choose "Extract all" into the addons folder I mentioned before.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Hey thanks a lot!!!!
          I just downloaded my first airplane.... Northwest 747-400 nc! Thanks for the help!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X