How to hover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hover

I was wondering how to hover. Is there a way where you can control both the collective and the joystick.

Nick

Hovering takes practice. There is no one set way to hover in FS2002. However, what works for me is bringing the power up to about 70 % or so using the F3 key, lifting off the ground, and making constant adjustments with the joystick and F2 and F3 keys.

www.hovercontrol.com can probably explain it better than I can.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

This website has some amazing videos.
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

herpa2003 dont you have a throttle on your joystick? Flying helicopter is childs play with a throttled joystick, because what you want to do with the throttle is instant on joystick, foward for more power etc. where as using the keys takes more thought. bugger using the F1-F4 keys!

Comment

Originally posted by steve181
          herpa2003 dont you have a throttle on your joystick? Flying helicopter is childs play with a throttled joystick, because what you want to do with the throttle is instant on joystick, foward for more power etc. where as using the keys takes more thought. bugger using the F1-F4 keys!
          Actually, I don't. My joystick is pretty old, but after reading what you said about a throttled joystick, I think it may be time for an upgrade Do you have any recommendations?
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Logitech Wingman. It's an amazing joystick, with a throttle lever. It has force feedback, which you can choose to use or not use.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I brought a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick it was $66 USD, that was a few years ago so it would be much cheaper now. I was going to buy the microsoft force feedback one but it was much more expensive, i was so tempted though after hearing that you can feel the planes wheels hit the runway, feel turbulence, feel the rotor vibrations all through the joystck. Both have a throttle, and both are microsoft, which is good because its a reliable brand and extremly compaible with flight sim

Comment

Well I'm heading to Staples sometime this weekend, so I'll be sure to see what all they have. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                X