No announcement yet.

some really good screen shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised at how much attention my topic has received. 463 views, and 44 replies. It's certainly the most, in the current flight sim disscusion page.

Must have been because of something i said!

Comment

Steve, I think your screenshots are nice, but the graphics really suck.

You need a new graphic card.

I read and agree about all the stuff you said concerning time and effort it takes to place the right aircraft in the right weather conditions and environment with the right sun angles. However, bad graphics spoils it all.

You may think, "Graphic cards are just money, what I do takes skill"...that may be true, but viewers will look at the whole picture, and your graphics just give a horrible first impression.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

oh yeah i realise i need a new graphics card, i cant afford one because of the astronomical cost of my commercial pilots licence flight traning, i do understand that a new card would make the images "crisper" and everything.

Until yesterday i never new there was a website dedicated to scrrenshots and that the website is all ordely and everything, to be frank, and correct me if i'm wrong almost all the screenshots in this flight simulator forumn were pretty crappy, and i just wanted to see other's work, that was a bit more interesting than just a jet flying straight and level in a blue sky. I tried to get the ball rolling with my best screenshot efforts, but now that i've found that website and the screenshots there are of an intensely good quality and origionality, i can get my daily screen shot fix there.

N.B i'm not a forign exchange student with poor english, i just cant be bothered correcting the words i misspelt.

Comment

Ummm..steve, where do you get the time to play FS?? You are getting your CPL and you still have time to play games. How can you do it?
          ***My Blog***

Comment

I pretty much don't use the computer, during the week, I'm doing c.p.l x-countrys from 8am till 1pm mon-fri, then 1-4 mon fri i attended the a meterology lecture. I have my ppl , and know how to fly x-country so i dont really need to study x-country flying. I should really be studying met at nights, the exam is in 2 weeks, i'll start doing hard out study next week. I work all day saturday, and today's sunday which is the only day of the week i get off, so naturally i tend to laze around, and get my breath back for the next week. Last week wasn't so intense because all my flights except monday were cancelled because of crappy unseasonal weather, so i got a chance to sleep in, in teh mornings and go on computer. I was spose to do a x-country flight today dual with another academy student, but again the weather cancelled it.

Comment

I need to browse this forum more often

Seriously, it's just a couple of screenshots. Nothing to get in a 4-page debate over. I think they are pretty good (compared to my average screenshots, at least ).
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I agree

i havent had a chance to brouse jetphotos for a while, so just of the subject a bit i got stranded at this desolate airfield i flew to, when i was doing a solo cpl cross country flight, there was a grass strip, a farmhouse (which i stayed the night at). and lots of sand flies, and heat and that was it. The field was in a vally and the surrounding terrain was really hilly. I went to start the aircraft for a 2.5 hr flight back to the aviation academy, the propeller was spinning over, but not firing. The battery eventually went flat from me trying to start the plane. A few academy aircraft, was gonna fly through, with some engineers, but teh weather got bad. So i had to stay the night at a random farmhouse. Next moring the farmer jump started the plane from his car battery and some jumper leads. and i managed to get home via another airfield with a fuel pump (i was almost going into my 45 minute researve!) and batteling through crappy weather, like 5 nautical mile vis, with drizzle. I found out today that the aircraft has magneto problems, thats why it wasn't firing, or something along those lines. So i certainly got lots of experience from that flight!

Comment

Steve i direct you to this thread hope the pics are good enough..http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8765

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                  View the Darkside

Comment

where is the pilot in the cockpit shot? otherwise fantastic photos
                    Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Yeah it would be nice if more virtual cockpit's had pilots in the seats, I guess one of the main reasons they don't is they would obstruct the instruments, and whats outside the window, and also they would completly jerk up the sim, specially if they were hardcore animated!

Comment

Working...
                      X