Can they do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they do this?

Ok I guess airlines dont need to do this but since it is kindof a crime, if they see there is a safety card missing, then could they trace you back from your seat. Like if it was missing from seat 3A, then couldnt they find out who was sitting there and find them? Once again I am sure they dont need to do this since they probably print aton off.
    UNITED-You're not just flying, you're flying the friendly skies.

Although they could theoretically trace the card to a seat number, airlines do not have time to do this as the ground crews are the ones who re-stock the magazines and safety cards between flights.

They sure as heck don't re-stock all the safety cards and magazines on between every single flight either, so it could be any number of passengers.

Although whenever I "loan" a card from an airline, I take one from the seat next to me - I have FOILED the system again!

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
      Although whenever I "loan" a card from an airline, I take one from the seat next to me - I have FOILED the system again!
      Hey I do the same thing!

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
      October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

They are not going to track you down if you take a safety card, dont worry about that. They are supposed to restock any missing cards after every flight (usually doesnt happen), but during a turn, there is no time to worry about "who took the safety card from seat 3a". I wouldnt worry about it
        He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Exactly what i do. Mind you i try and get on the aircraft fist and get the one in front of me
          Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

talk about false accusations. think about all the problems it would cause to trace. people change seats, you could grab one as you depart from another seat, etc. reminds me of the tag on airline blankets that says something like electronically monitored. good luck with that.
            www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by airplanegeek
              talk about false accusations. think about all the problems it would cause to trace. people change seats, you could grab one as you depart from another seat, etc. reminds me of the tag on airline blankets that says something like electronically monitored. good luck with that.
              Really? Electronically Monitored? I am actually covered with my Air Plus Comet blanket...my Mom put in her bag when we landed in ORD in 2000!

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
              October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Originally posted by airplanegeek
                exactly..if someone was that worried, they could have in their possession envelopes large enough to carry the card and mail it out right there at the airport between flights, and once they try to ask, just be like "what are you talking about?"

Comment

Re: Can they do this?

Originally posted by FrontierFlyer
                  Ok I guess airlines dont need to do this but since it is kindof a crime, if they see there is a safety card missing, then could they trace you back from your seat. Like if it was missing from seat 3A, then couldnt they find out who was sitting there and find them? Once again I am sure they dont need to do this since they probably print aton off.
                  Virgin Blue in Australia does it. They actually call you to ask you if you've noticed your safety card missing or stuff etc.

Comment

You guys are all criminals, and will pay for your sins against the airlines. We have found the reason airlines are struggling. Its all those 2 cent safety cards, 5 cent pillows, and 10 cent blankets you guys keep stealing... Have you no shame??? Now you guys go and think about what you've done, while I eat my meal with the untensils I stole from Air UK....
                    Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Hey, at least I don't take the ruddy life jackets. Hell, maybe an ELT?

That would be a bit more serious...

Comment

I was on this AC flight were half the saftey cards were missing. Are you sure you wernt there? I was looking around on the 763 after it deplained. It seems "They" store some onboard.
                        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
                          You guys are all criminals, and will pay for your sins against the airlines. We have found the reason airlines are struggling. Its all those 2 cent safety cards, 5 cent pillows, and 10 cent blankets you guys keep stealing... Have you no shame??? Now you guys go and think about what you've done, while I eat my meal with the untensils I stole from Air UK....

and once I was on a plane missing a lotta saftey cards. When I was on a UA733 at DEN all the cards in the 3 seats infront of me were gone, and the 3 infront of my sis,sitting 4 rows ahead, were gone too. I finally found one on the floor when i went to the bathroom.

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                            I was on this AC flight were half the saftey cards were missing. Are you sure you wernt there? I was looking around on the 763 after it deplained. It seems "They" store some onboard.
                            If it was on -GAUN after the 20th, then yes, it was me.

Comment

C-GAUN? GAUN!!!? Thats the Gilmli glider! What time and flight number and from were?
                              -Kevin

Comment

• Working...
                                X