Would they replace this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would they replace this?

The gear looks kinda weird on this guy...

Would the store replace it if I bring it back with receipt, or is this a anomaly that we have to accept, like the one or two bad pixels on an LCD screen?

By the way, it was from Threshold Aviation.

What model is that...Looks familiar, yet I don't seem to have it..

Unless it's a Dragon Wings..Those models all seem to have some weirdness going on somewhere on the Connies/Electras (even so, I'd still like the Qantas). I don't think I'd bother with a return myself. For me, it's sitting on a shelf behid glass and no one will get so close to it.

On the other hand, I know how these little things can be annoying. You don't LOSE anything by trying for an exchange.

I always pull the models out of the box before buying and give them a good look over. Especially at Aviation World's 50% off tent when they do that as those are all no-return/no-exchange. (I didn't look at ALL of mine last time, and one of them had a broken gear..DOH!)

It looks like my desk....I've even got a pen with those same colours.

Comment

thats some pretty funky looking landing gear! I'd try returning it, and getting a new one, you cant loose by trying (I dont think).

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
        What model is that...Looks familiar, yet I don't seem to have it..

Unless it's a Dragon Wings..Those models all seem to have some weirdness going on somewhere on the Connies/Electras (even so, I'd still like the Qantas). I don't think I'd bother with a return myself. For me, it's sitting on a shelf behid glass and no one will get so close to it.

On the other hand, I know how these little things can be annoying. You don't LOSE anything by trying for an exchange.

It looks like my desk....I've even got a pen with those same colours.
        It is Dragon Wing. 1:400 TWA Connie.
        It looks all right from the side, that's why I didn't quite notice it. It only became noticeable when I tried to take pictures head on, like the one up there.

thats some pretty funky looking landing gear! I'd try returning it, and getting a new one, you cant loose by trying (I dont think).
        I think I'll try that.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
          It only became noticeable when I tried to take pictures head on, like the one up there.
          I have a couple models from when I first started collecting that have had weird things that I didn't notice until I took a picture of them. Too bad that was several months later. Oh well.

Might as well try to exchange it. Not many stores these days have the 'drag customer out back/beat with sack of doorknobs' policy anymore.

I should open a shop.

Comment

Might as well try to exchange it. Not many stores these days have the 'drag customer out back/beat with sack of doorknobs' policy anymore.

I should open a shop.

the return policy at some of the stores by my place is pretty close

You should open a doornob shop, then as your beating them, they can choose wich one they want insted of the the pre-used(for a beating) one they got

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
              the return policy at some of the stores by my place is pretty close

You should open a doornob shop, then as your beating them, they can choose wich one they want insted of the the pre-used(for a beating) one they got
              "Previously Enjoyed Sale -- No Refunds!"

Comment

"Previously Enjoyed Sale -- No Refunds!"
                Nah that will scare customers away.
                Here's a better way to put it:
                Refunds given anytime with or without receipt, with 100% stocking fee

Comment

Here's an update:

I went back to the store today and he let me choose any other model I want (with the same price of course). What a nice guy. It turns out that all the Connie models have screwed up nosegear. So I got myself a Super Connie instead. Pictures when I get back to campus

Comment

Here's an update:

I went back to the store today and he let me choose any other model I want (with the same price of course). What a nice guy. It turns out that all the Connie models have screwed up nosegear. So I got myself a Super Connie instead. Pictures when I get back to campus
                    brillant! I've always thought that the customer service is steller up at Threshold Aviation, they dont seem to be in as big a hurry as the guys at Aviation World, its much more relaxing .

Comment

What time were you in? I was there today and picked up the AeroClassics Lufthansa connie and the BigBird Zoom 767.

Very nice guys there, one owner is a mechanic or something, and the other a 767 FO.

Comment

What time were you in? I was there today and picked up the AeroClassics Lufthansa connie and the BigBird Zoom 767.

Very nice guys there, one owner is a mechanic or something, and the other a 767 FO.
                        I went there about 15mins before closing. I was the only one there.
                        I saw that Lufthansa connie too, but unlike somebody here, I exercise more control over myself

Comment

I went there about 15mins before closing. I was the only one there.
                          I saw that Lufthansa connie too, but unlike somebody here, I exercise more control over myself
                          Hey hey!!

It was an AMAZING feat of self-control getting only two! There's a new Eastern connie there that is REALLY nice, very nice metal finish.

The LH connie I had been planning on for a while, since I first head of it (And it goes great with the A321 retrojet). Canadian stuff I grab when I can.

I'm going back to my original buying rules though:
                          - Canadian Only
                          Failing that for a special model,
                          - Must atleast serve a local airport.

The exception is really good looking special liverys, like the MAS 777 if one is ever done.

Comment

I'm going back to my original buying rules though:
                            - Canadian Only
                            Failing that for a special model,
                            - Must atleast serve a local airport.
                            thats not gunna last very long, I garuntee that

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                              thats not gunna last very long, I garuntee that
                              Never know, I like the American Airlines and Cathay Pacific from BigBird last month, they were very nice. There's some other stufdf thats quite nice looking as well that I'd like to have.

Aside from money, there's also space restrictions now..I'm running out of space for them!

Comment

Working...
                              X