Model Plane Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OY-KBN
    Such as.. Whats on your mind ?.. I mean on your list ??
    *sigh*

September alone has like 10 I want

Off the top of my head:
    - BigBird WardAir 747-200, 747-100 (got them on order)
    - BigBird Cathay Pacific 747-200 and 747-200F (I like having sets of them when I can get them...Sets being a pax and cargo version)
    - BigBird American 747-100 and -100F
    - GeminiJets LH A320 Retrojet
    - BigBird United Airlines 747 in the 80's colours

Then theres Aeroclassics....I love their DC-3, DC-6 and Connies.
    Sabena DC-6
    South African L-749
    BOAC L-749

And that doesnt even touch the older models

I like the older stuff, I managed to pick up the United DC-10-10 "DC-10 Friend Ship" from Dragon. It's quite nice!

Oops! I forgot the Pan American connie..It looks really good too.

Comment

• Geez.. I dont purchase Bigbirds although I like their models..

Do you have :?

BigBird400 TMA Cargo Set B707 and B747 w/GSE

BigBird 400 Atlas Air B747-200 (Dragon Air Logo)

I want these two...

The CX you have on your list are fine models..
      Cant wait to see the actual mods.. Can you post some pics of it and tell tell how the quality are on them ?

Originally posted by Genessee
      *sigh*

September alone has like 10 I want

Off the top of my head:
      - BigBird WardAir 747-200, 747-100 (got them on order)
      - BigBird Cathay Pacific 747-200 and 747-200F (I like having sets of them when I can get them...Sets being a pax and cargo version)
      - BigBird American 747-100 and -100F
      - GeminiJets LH A320 Retrojet
      - BigBird United Airlines 747 in the 80's colours

Then theres Aeroclassics....I love their DC-3, DC-6 and Connies.
      Sabena DC-6
      South African L-749
      BOAC L-749

And that doesnt even touch the older models

I like the older stuff, I managed to pick up the United DC-10-10 "DC-10 Friend Ship" from Dragon. It's quite nice!
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Geez.. I dont purchase Bigbirds although I like their models..

Do you have :?

BigBird400 TMA Cargo Set B707 and B747 w/GSE

BigBird 400 Atlas Air B747-200 (Dragon Air Logo)

I want these two...

The CX you have on your list are fine models..
        Cant wait to see the actual mods.. Can you post some pics of it and tell tell how the quality are on them ?
        I was going to pick up the TMA set when Aviation World had it's sale, 50% off! I really couldn't believe it was in the tent. But I had too much other stuff, didn't want to max out my credit card on models.

I didn't know BigBird did an Atlas model. The worst thing about BigBird and Aeroclassics (Same guy owns both it seems) is once they sell out, you'll never see them again. Which is too bad, there's some great models.

The CX ones do look good though, I like the green livery. I'll get some picks when I get them, I take pictures of all the models when I get them for insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genessee
          I was going to pick up the TMA set when Aviation World had it's sale, 50% off! I really couldn't believe it was in the tent. But I had too much other stuff, didn't want to max out my credit card on models.
          Thats good you didnt. I totally understand. These things can really put a hole to your pocket..
          And its easy to get carried away. especially when you are need of a special model.

I didn't know BigBird did an Atlas model. The worst thing about BigBird and Aeroclassics (Same guy owns both it seems) is once they sell out, you'll never see them again. Which is too bad, there's some great models.
          Yes they made two of them.. The dragon logo and a normal one.

The CX ones do look good though, I like the green livery. I'll get some picks when I get them, I take pictures of all the models when I get them for insurance.
          Oh you take pictures of them too. ? Good for you.. Just in case of a fire does do some shit to your apartment. You wont get anything form the insurance if the pics are not there..

Comment

Thats good you didnt. I totally understand. These things can really put a hole to your pocket..
            And its easy to get carried away. especially when you are need of a special model.
            Nothing live having to re-mortgage your house for a model!

Yes they made two of them.. The dragon logo and a normal one.
            Ahh nice. I've seen the GeminiJets model in the newer colours. I'm currently stocking up on MD-11 cargo planes though, getting too many 747s

Oh you take pictures of them too. ? Good for you.. Just in case of a fire does do some shit to your apartment. You wont get anything form the insurance if the pics are not there..
            Yep! While many can't be replaced now, the money will make the loss a little easier to accept.

Comment

Nothing live having to re-mortgage your house for a model!
              hehehe
              Yep! While many can't be replaced now, the money will make the loss a little easier to accept.
              The money and beers will help you accept the loss if that will ever happen.
              Ahh nice. I've seen the GeminiJets model in the newer colours. I'm currently stocking up on MD-11 cargo planes though, getting too many 747s
              I have that Atlas 744F from Gemini. Its a nice model. (posting pic tomorrow)
              I have too many 747's that I have ease up with .. Im lacking of Airbus A330's though..

Comment

I have that Atlas 744F from Gemini. Its a nice model. (posting pic tomorrow)
                I have too many 747's that I have ease up with .. Im lacking of Airbus A330's though..
                AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! I've been meaning to pick up the Air Canada A330 from Dragon Wings. I keep forgetting to get it. That and the Continental DC-10 with the red 'meatball'. Not sure why I can never remember them.

Comment

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! I've been meaning to pick up the Air Canada A330 from Dragon Wings. I keep forgetting to get it. That and the Continental DC-10 with the red 'meatball'. Not sure why I can never remember them.
                  I want this one.

So far I havent seen one in the new scheme.. have you?

Comment

• I have the new Air Canada colours in a 767 (Aeroclassics) and A340 (Gemini).

The Aeroclassics is darker than the Gemini...omgomgomg!

Comment

I have the new Air Canada colours in a 767 (Aeroclassics) and A340 (Gemini).

The Aeroclassics is darker than the Gemini...omgomgomg!
                      Lucky you.. Looking at my finances and it sure doesnt look good.. Gæ't me?

How much you paid for that aero767? and gemini343?

Comment

Lucky you.. Looking at my finances and it sure doesnt look good.. Gæ't me?

How much you paid for that aero767? and gemini343?
                        I Gæ't Eating and paying the rent is always wise over model purchases. I missed the PanAm billboard 747 thanks to food! grr!

I don't rememberhow much I paid for the 767, the were both around $30(CAD) though. Aeroclassics are usually around there for the smaller jets. The props around $20 to $50 and up to $45 for the 747s 10% and 20% discounts really help though!

Comment

I Gæ't Eating and paying the rent is always wise over model purchases. I missed the PanAm billboard 747 thanks to food! grr!

I don't rememberhow much I paid for the 767, the were both around $30(CAD) though. Aeroclassics are usually around there for the smaller jets. The props around $20 to $50 and up to $45 for the 747s 10% and 20% discounts really help though!
                          $ 45,- for a 747
                          No sheet ?? Thats around 300.- dkr over here.. .. Thats 120,- more

Way to much.. Pal.. I see how those discounts help.. hehe

Comment

• Yeah, its alot, but no other shops have then any cheaper.

They know we can't get them any where else!

Sometimes there's some good deals on Ebay though. Good deals and some rare models.

Comment

Yeah, its alot, but no other shops have then any cheaper.
                              They know we can't get them any where else!
                              Sometimes there's some good deals on Ebay though. Good deals and some rare models.
                              omgomgomg Not ebay. do you find their prices good deals?

I think they're too expensive to use.

Why dont you just order via websites.. I use Jetcollector.com . They should be much cheaper then the shops..

Comment

omgomgomg Not ebay. do you find their prices good deals?

I think they're too expensive to use.

Why dont you just order via websites.. I use Jetcollector.com . They should be much cheaper then the shops..
                                Sometimes they have a good deal. I haven't bought any new models from there though, just stuff I can't find elsewhere. Like teh Trans-Canada DC-3's.

I've been looking at Airline Museum The prices don't seem super cheap, but they have some really nice stuff I couldn't possibly get here and I haven't seen on Ebay.

I'm thinking about getting the Western Pacific 737 Simpsons Logo jet from them. It's a pretty wacky looking plane.

Comment

Working...
                                X