Obviously Mistaken Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously Mistaken Information

It is unbelievable that the fake info was accepted once again on the recent uploaded picture of the Y6 rocket. Link: www.jetphotos.com/photo/11163376

1. The type of this rocket should be “CZ-5” rather than “CZ-5B”;
    2. The spotting location should be “Other location – Wenchang Satellite Launch Center”, where there are already many pictures on Jetphotos, instead of his alleged “spacecraft site”;
    3. The registration is written on the rocket body, that’s “Y6”, not “06”.

One of my friends posted about this misleading picture on this forum just few days ago, with a clear claim to rectify the name of the rocket. Even though the previous picture was removed, the mistaken information came for the second time. Link: https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...-info-rejected

As an aerospace worker, as far as I know, most of the rockets manufactured by CASC have never been named with the number 0. Instead, we use the letter Y, which stands for the pinyin of yaoce, followed by one number. In this case, it is “Y6”. Heretofore,almost the Long March rocket pictures on this site had been accepted with incorrect reg made up by uploaders. Luckily, as you can see, this time we printed the registration “Y6” on the rear part of the rocket.

However, to my regret, this did not stop the misleading from spreading.

I was sad that our effort was once again recognized with wrong labels on this site. It is funny that the uploader must be so eager to get a hot upload with many views and likes that he did so without learning more about this rocket. I have heard of the bad deeds that notorious uploader has done in several cities about plane spotting, but it is unexpected that this time he came for rocket spotting.

As an individual working in this field, I just hope that people know the facts of our spacecraft. Misleading is unavoidable, but we can correct the incorrect. Sincerely hope this site with professional screeners can be careful with such special spacecraft photos.

Regards.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1001aa1249965170768df755c200a6f.png Views:	2 Size:	56.9 KB ID:	1175932​​Click image for larger version  Name:	19553933344d21ee0223efadc569b9b.png Views:	2 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	1175933Click image for larger version  Name:	c8b30d522f141a6a8928e69aef6ef7a.png Views:	2 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	1175934​​​​​

Thanks for this post. But to state 'it is unbelievable'..... Jetphotos is first about aircraft, not rockets. If it was me we wouldn't even accept them here. And second of all, we are not experts in Chinese language. So quite difficult for us to read and see which info is correct. Third, the most cheating while uploading comes from China, so again, very difficult to thrust, and verify any info which is given by the uploader.

I will try to correct the info as you provided.\

“The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      Thanks for this post. But to state 'it is unbelievable'..... Jetphotos is first about aircraft, not rockets. If it was me we wouldn't even accept them here. And second of all, we are not experts in Chinese language. So quite difficult for us to read and see which info is correct. Third, the most cheating while uploading comes from China, so again, very difficult to thrust, and verify any info which is given by the uploader.

I will try to correct the info as you provided.\

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X