Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile photos

Hello, community! Just a question:
    I'm actually working at the airport and have acces to the ramp, but unfortunately, it is prohibited to take a photocamera into the apron, but I'm taking a photos on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S21FE), it has a function of taking RAW/dng photos. So, the question is: Will JP accept dng photos if I upload them? Because I heard there are some accepted mobile photos on the website. Thanks!

Hello,

we have indeed some phone shots which are accepted into the database from time to time.
    Just be sure that the quality is matching the uploading criteria - some phone shots or photos taken with compact cameras has serious issues with noise and compression.
    We also take this in consideration in screening but keep in mind that it's not free ticket for every phone shot.

Regarding the DNG format - we just accept .JPG file format.

Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

No picture will be rejected just because it has been taken by a phone camera. These cameras are getting better and better. There are a lot of professional camera apps which let you take RAW pictures, way better than the default camera app.

But these pictures also have to be edited properly to match the upload guidelines. Well edited and uploaded pictures have a good chance to get accepted here.
      Oliver Richter

Comment

Hello! All these photos from the link below were taken with an iPhone XR. My recommendation is to use the camera with the highest number of megapixels (usually the main camera) and the light to be as favorable as possible. Note that in these photos the light was very good. You can take the photo in DNG because the amount of information is better and you can work better in editing. But export in JPG. https://www.jetphotos.com/airport/Ot...+Vila+do+Paiva

Comment

Originally posted by abreumubarac View Post
          Hello! All these photos from the link below were taken with an iPhone XR. My recommendation is to use the camera with the highest number of megapixels (usually the main camera) and the light to be as favorable as possible. Note that in these photos the light was very good. You can take the photo in DNG because the amount of information is better and you can work better in editing. But export in JPG. https://www.jetphotos.com/airport/Ot...+Vila+do+Paiva
          Note these pictures are edited in the smallest JP acceptable size (1080x829). Not sure the lenses of phones could provide better....

Comment

Working...
          X