Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport with no ICAO

Hi JP crews and fellow planespotter!

I recently took a picture of a general aviation airport located in the desert with no ICAO code. Can I upload the picture? How should I upload it?

Thanks!

That depends on if it's a registered airport or not, what is the name of the airport?

Comment

To clarify... certain airports may still be registered locally but might not always have icao codes

Comment

Dunhuang Mingsha Mountain General Airport. It is near ZLDH. I think it has already been registered as a GA airport in China. Also there are photos of aircrafts spotted there in JP currently.

Comment

Originally posted by PVG_Spotter View Post
          Dunhuang Mingsha Mountain General Airport. It is near ZLDH. I think it has already been registered as a GA airport in China. Also there are photos of aircrafts spotted there in JP currently.
          1. Select "Country" -> China
          2. Select in the second field "Other Location"
          3. Now you need to fill the empty field with "Dunhuang Mingsha Mountain General Airport"

Best regards

Comment

I found it in google maps. The pics however are likely taken from out in the field (i.e. in the scenic area near the source). The Airport is not in sight and we don't know whether these scenic helos were on an airport pattern or circling any POI. Suggest to leave these truly off-airport.

For airport pics and aircraft pics clearly showing they were taken at the airstrip, above suggestion applies. As soon as a code is assiged, we might merge them into one.

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
              I found it in google maps. The pics however are likely taken from out in the field (i.e. in the scenic area near the source). The Airport is not in sight and we don't know whether these scenic helos were on an airport pattern or circling any POI. Suggest to leave these truly off-airport.

For airport pics and aircraft pics clearly showing they were taken at the airstrip, above suggestion applies. As soon as a code is assiged, we might merge them into one.
              Hi, thanks for the reply!

The photo I took for this airport is attached below. It is a proper aerial view of the whole airport (with no ICAO) located in the desert. Should I upload it as Airport? Then what should I fill in in terms of the ICAO field? Or should I upload it as an Aircraft and use other location to manually fill in the full name of the airport?

Regards,
              jeh
              Attached Files

Comment

upload it as an Aircraft and use other location to manually fill in the full name of the airport?
                Jeh, this is the answer. Sorry for being late here.
                Leave reg and location blank, pick "Airport" under "Type of Aircraft" (yes!), Other Location with the name and then "Overview" under "Operator/Other" (yes again!)
                Like this it works (given the image quality is ok).

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
                  Jeh, this is the answer. Sorry for being late here.
                  Leave reg and location blank, pick "Airport" under "Type of Aircraft" (yes!), Other Location with the name and then "Overview" under "Operator/Other" (yes again!)
                  Like this it works (given the image quality is ok).
                  Thanks for the reply! I’ll get this uploaded then

Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X