Scanned Slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanned Slides

Hello, I have recently looked at buying some photo slides and would I be allowed to upload them to the database even if I have not taken the photos but bought them???

Originally posted by DK_Edits View Post
    Hello, I have recently bought some photo slides and would I be allowed to upload them to the database even if I have not taken the photos but bought them???
    No, you would have to contact the photographer, get his permission, create an alternet account with his name/email and password of choice, edit the photo, and upload it with a remark in the “comment to screeners” . And it also varies depending on what do you mean with “bought sime slides” if you bought the rights for the photos, you do what i explained above, if you bought some photos from a store, then it will be almost impossible to contact the author, unless it is a unique slide (only one existing, which i doubt, as it may be mass produced if bought at an non-specialized store, from my experience”). If you do manage to contact the author, and he gives you permission, screenshot it just in case. But, unless you know the author/photographer and you can contact him/her, i wouldent bother.
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

No, you would have to contact the photographer, get his permission, create an alternet account with his name/email and password of choice, edit the photo, and upload it with a remark in the “comment to screeners” . And it also varies depending on what do you mean with “bought sime slides” if you bought the rights for the photos, you do what i explained above, if you bought some photos from a store, then it will be almost impossible to contact the author, unless it is a unique slide (only one existing, which i doubt, as it may be mass produced if bought at an non-specialized store, from my experience”). If you do manage to contact the author, and he gives you permission, screenshot it just in case. But, unless you know the author/photographer and you can contact him/her, i wouldent bother.
      Also, can you show the slides?
      Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
      If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
      ——————————————————————————

Comment

To "buy some photo slides" doesn't mean much...
        Did you buy copies or originals ?
        Did you purchases them free of rights, credits or royalties ?
        Etc, etc...
        If you can't answer such questions, you can't publish anywhat anyway...

Comment

The previous rule was that you need to create a new account "(your jetphoto name) - collection". Provided that you have permission to publsih the photos, you can upload them there. In any case, the scanned slides shall be originals, no duplicates.

Comment

Working...
          X