Excellent photo tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent photo tips

Here is an internet article from NIKON that I has some great tips on photographing airplanes. Hope it helps all you newcomers. Helped me.

My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Thanks! I learned a lot!

Comment

let me know when you find one written by Canon and i'll take a look...
      Just read through it. To be honest 99% is pretty common knoledge. Does anyone know of a more technical site?
      Last edited by BA747-436; 2005-02-11, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
        Thanks! I learned a lot!
        Bow to your sensey!!!!!!

*Edit: fark...you have to watch Napoleon Dynamite first *

Comment

cool

Comment

Good reading and lots of good info. I don't have a DSLR yet, but I can apply it to my FZ20.

Comment

Actually, I'll have to disagree with some of this, as it's just plain bad advice.

# Select the fastest shutter speed to prevent the camera from shaking.
              # Shutter speed-Priority Auto [S] or Manual [M] exposure is easy to use.
              Yes, it's true that a faster shutter speed will give you a less-shaky image, but in order to achieve the fastest possible shutter speed, you would have to shoot with the lens aperture wide-open, and when you shoot wide-open, the pictures turn out extremely soft. Instead of shooting in "S" (Canon equivalent "Tv"), shoot in "A" (Canon equivalent "Av"). This will allow you to set your aperture at F8 and let the camera decide the shutter speed based on the exposure value that you set in.

When manual [M] exposure is used during clear weather with follow light and ISO 100 film, select 1 / 500 sec. f / 8 for correct exposure.
              I dare anybody to try that technique on a darker aircraft such as United's grey or Southwests n/c. A white aircraft will expose just fine with this setting, but darker airplanes will not, because they reflect less light. You really can't have a "One size fits all" camera setting, or you will just be ruining lots of film, or waisting space on the cards.

Comment

Working...
              X