Picture of you at "work"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA747-436
    Technically its 18, but put it this way. Clovis got served....i think and he was like 12 or something...?

J/K Frenchie
    HAHA! When are we going to SXM Starnes...
    Ryan Davis
    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
    www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by Dazbo5
      Lots of fun! Just have to keep your fingers away from these:

They only eat fish so there's nothing to worry about!

Darren
      Bloody hell... that thing would have you for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Dazbo5
        Haven't got any of me in action at the airport, but have a few of me in action in the water!

This is filming Sand Tiger Sharks.

Darren
        If that were me the water would be a yellowish brown color and I'd be trying to shove the camera down the shark's mouth so he can't eat me.

Comment

IF a shark does bite you...it will let go after throwing your around a couple of times...the main reason is that humans just don't have enough blubbler
          ***My Blog***

Comment

Sharks are tame, nothing to worry about, honestly! I'm flying to St Lucia on sunday to play with them for 2 weeks. I've been within a couple of inches of them, not a problem! I've been in the water with lots of different species, they aren't interested in us, we have little nutritional value to them. The camera housing I use is made of the same grade aluminium Boeing and Airbus make their aircraft out of so is quite usefull just in case they get a little too close. As long as they don't scratch the lens that is!

Darren
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Sharks arn't interested in you as long as there's other sources of food around. What you dont want to do (which i found out the ahrd way) is find yourself near sharks away from the reef area where all the fish are. Open water + no food + sharks + you = bad sh*t. After looking down and realising i was no longer 3 meters above a reef but 30 meters above the ocean floor i decided now would be a pretty good time to put my flippers to good use, and stop following these Tiger sharks. lol

Comment

I agree with you to a certian extent Dan. It depends on the species of shark more than anything. 99% of sharks in that situation would leave you alone regardless of the availability of food, they simply aren't interested in us (most are scarred and would just swim off). Of the 300 or so shark species, Tiger sharks are one of the most dangerous there are in terms of wanting to know what you are. They don't want to eat you, its just they don't have any hands so they take a bite instead, then stip you out! Even then, this is very rare. 99% of shark attacks are mistaken identity, normally a results of a Great White, Bull, or Tiger shark just seeing what you are. In all the cases I know of, sharks have never eaten anyone because they don't like human flesh, not enough blubber for them (bludder = lots of energy). Most sharks prey on fish anyway. Deaths attributed to sharks are normally the result of blood loss caused by severing major arteries in the limbs. There's an average of 4 deaths per year (out of around 70 attacks) caused by shark so its not exactly common in any case, more people are killed each year by toasters in the UK!

Darren
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Yeah i agree Darren, it is very rare to be in a situation where a shark will attack you. The thing is when they do attack you its one of the most scary things in the world. As a frequent visitor to Australia i'm always a little cautious when heading into the sea, and try not to get to far away from the general crowds of people. I figure if a shark is going to have a go, there’s enough fat people around that it wont have a go at me To be quite honest when your in the water with them, after you initial racing heart you calm down and you can almost forget that these things could tear you apart (if they so felt like it) in a second. I'm pretty happy to swim with them, i think people just need to remember these are predators, and keeping your distance, not messing around with them, and not ending up in a bad situation with them is mandatory.

Ever since ChrisK told me a story about flying over Daytona beach im a little more cautious when entering the water in known shark zones.
                  Last edited by BA747-436; 2005-03-10, 11:50.

Comment

I don't worry about sharks when I'm at the beach, unless i'm in florida...but in California, I rarely hear shark attacks and such...When I was at the North Shore at Sunset Beach in Oahu, people warned me, but who cares...If I get attacked by a shark, then, hey...I guess I'm out of luck. I guess sharks have a sense of humor...they'll think a surfboard is a twinkes or something, haha..."Hey, where's the cream filling?"

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X