350D Size Example & a Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350D Size Example & a Question

For those who don't know just how small the 350D is, I thought I'd post this shot I just took of mine with the Canon 100-400L.

Now onto my question, When I look through the viewfinder there's a little tiny tiny hair; but it doesn't appear to be in any of my photos? How would you suggest getting it off and where would that be? The Mirror?
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Originally posted by Tanner_J
    For those who don't know just how small the 350D is, ...
    Looks like a funny looking lens cap.

Did you look on the mirror? I could be on the focusing screen as well.

Comment

It will be on the mirror, just use a blower to get it off BUT don't blow it onto the sensor !!!

Comment

Those who have seen the inside of my viewfinder can attest that it has more dust than the layer covering Jeff's D100... All joking aside, It doesn't bother me because it doesn't show on the image, so I've never bothered to clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
          it has more dust than the layer covering Jeff's D100...
          I keep meaning to sell that thing, then every time I get ready to, I pull it out of the closet and end up liking it again.....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
            I keep meaning to sell that thing, then every time I get ready to, I pull it out of the closet and end up liking it again.....

So why leave it in the closet?

Btw...I can put it to good use for you free of charge

Comment

perhaps its dust on the eye piece..

Comment

For those who don't know just how small the 350D is, I thought I'd post this shot I just took of mine with the Canon 100-400L.
                It's probably good the 100-400 has its own tripod collar...

Now onto my question, When I look through the viewfinder there's a little tiny tiny hair; but it doesn't appear to be in any of my photos? How would you suggest getting it off and where would that be? The Mirror?
                If the hair is in focus, it can only be on the focusing screen. (To show up on your photos, it would have to be on the sensor, and you wouldn't be able to see it in the viewfinder.) I'd advise against touching the screen, so a blower would probably be your best bet.

Paul

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

i know its a bit OT, but how do you find the balence of the 100-400L is? do you have the grip?

thanks
                  ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

The grip for the camera? No I don't; the 100-400L is a heavy beast and can make you quite sore from using it a while. The balance is of course way towards the end of the lens. Once you take that thing off; the camera feels like nothing.

Here's a shot I took last night at The Red vs. Nationals game.

Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by schuyler
                      i know its a bit OT, but how do you find the balence of the 100-400L is? do you have the grip?

thanks
                      without a grip you'll find yourself more holding the Lens and just keeping a hand on the camera to press the shutter.

Comment

I still think that is the funniest looking lens cap I have ever seen. It almost looks like a toy...I'd be affraid of breaking the camera.

Comment

Is the lens cap a joke or what? Or do you really not realize that it's the hood.

Also; you do hold the lens with a hand on the camera to press the shutter, but I love the feeling and all the looks that I get with it.
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Is the lens cap a joke or what? Or do you really not realize that it's the hood.
                            The camera looks like a weird lens cap (it's tiny). We are not talking about the hood.

Comment

Thought that may be what you were talking about. I guess I just take things too seriously sometimes.
                              Tanner Johnson - Owner
                              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X