Vintage aircraft...unsure of ident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage aircraft...unsure of ident

I know this is either a T6 Harvard or a NA-64 Yale....I'm thinking its the Yale, but am not that great with vintage aircraft. I originally thought it was a Harvard when I took the picture, so I didn't ask anyone. Now I am doubting myself.....A little help?
    Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
    EF 50mm 1.4 USM
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 28-135mm IS USM
    EF 70-200mm f4L
    EF 100-400L IS
    1.4X II Teleconverter
    Canon 420EX Speedlite
    Canon 430EX Speedlite
    Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Might be a T-6, look at the structure just behind the front cockpit. [photoid=484342]. The exhaust stack looks like it belongs on the North American as well.
    My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Originally posted by atcvector
      Might be a T-6, look at the structure just behind the front cockpit. [photoid=484342]. The exhaust stack looks like it belongs on the North American as well.
      I thought it looked like a T6....the Yale is alot similiar asthetically when you look at spec sheets etc. The structure behind the main cockpit looked Harvard to me, but then when I did some browsing I found a Yale with the same angled tubular steel......then I really started doubting which it was!! lol

Well, since no one else has replied....I say its 2-0 for T6.....so thats what she goes in as (in case you were wondering, no thats not the pic I am uploading....lol)
      Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
      EF 50mm 1.4 USM
      EF-S 18-55mm
      EF 28-135mm IS USM
      EF 70-200mm f4L
      EF 100-400L IS
      1.4X II Teleconverter
      Canon 420EX Speedlite
      Canon 430EX Speedlite

Comment

This is from a canadian air force web page.

"the North American Yale was very similar to the Harvard, the most obvious difference being fixed landing gear as opposed to the retractable undercarriage found on the Harvard."

So obviously depending on whether or not that plane has fixed landing gear, you have your answer.

My photos on Jetphotos.net

Comment

Need a look at the whole aircraft in addition to a close shot of the u/c. But I would tentatively say that it is a T-6, although I'm not sure about the u/c.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx
            Need a look at the whole aircraft in addition to a close shot of the u/c. But I would tentatively say that it is a T-6, although I'm not sure about the u/c.

Andy
            I don't have a shot of the whole aircraft.....since it was in the process of a teardown, I was just trying some different perspective shots on it. I may have a pic of the undercarriage. I'll take a look....thanks
            Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
            EF 50mm 1.4 USM
            EF-S 18-55mm
            EF 28-135mm IS USM
            EF 70-200mm f4L
            EF 100-400L IS
            1.4X II Teleconverter
            Canon 420EX Speedlite
            Canon 430EX Speedlite

Comment