• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of your excellent photos were rejected by Airliners

quote:
    Originally posted by hkgspotter1:
    Peter,

I would love to tell you a thing or two but this is not airliners.net so I will not.

VH-ADG,

"and in reality, how gives a rats about whether a picture is level or not? hkg, wouldn't you be better posting over at airwhiners.net?"

Thats an interesting quote from someone as pro airliners.net as you !!

That aint the only thing shes "pro" at supporting... *coughs*
    Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
    Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
    http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Hkg,

You are misguided in oh so many ways ... but better you being misguided over here, although airwhiners is such a better place for all this never ending whinging that you enjoy so much.

VH-ADG [img]offtopic1.gif[/img]
      ADG
      No makeovers please .....

Comment

I am so close to starting up "airwhiners.net" so yes keep up the publicity! And by the way, there will be three possible forums to talk in:
        "I HATE AIRLINERS.NET AND THIS IS WHY"
        "I HATE AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOGRAPHERS THAT GET ALL OF THEIR PICTURES ACCEPTED WHEN MINE AREN'T"
        "DID YOU SEE THAT CRAPY AIRLINERS.NET PHOTO"
        OH and maybe one more!
        "HKGSPOTTER VS AIRLINERS.NET"(I think HKGSPOTTER speaks the best for all airliners.net rejected photographers. You all have to admit that if you are one of the rejected, you wish to say all of what HKGSPOTTER says but aren't willing to stick up for yourself and take the "your a whiner" critism. As for the accepted photographers, jetphotos.net doesn't favor friends or accept bribes, AND their screeners all seem to have the SAME idea in what is a good photo. Basically if it has good quaility it is accepted none of those, "bad angle, personal rejection, not a regular photographer" and so on!) Both sites are great but one is made for communities the other one is a club! and I will let you decide which is which!

[img]laff.gif[/img]
        Gary R. Tinnes
        Canada
        See my photos:
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=391
        See My Fantasy Airliner images:
        http://www.geocities.com/fantasyairliners

Comment

I have no problem with the "big guns" at a.net coming to this site. I was a little late joining the a.net bandwagon and lost out.

The site now offers equal footing to all players. If your pro or if your just good, everyone is accepted. We have all been so a.net bashed that our contribution standards are high. Look at the first 10,000 on a.net. Photographers have improved, digital cameras, scanners, etc.

I still claim that a.net is a great site BUT I do know that some get through the cracks who may be in this hobby for the "popularity contest". But what can you do?

I don't think we should belittle ourselves. Keep uploading to jetphotos.net and give it time. My goal here (on JP.net) is to get exposure from people who cut checks and print photos. My contributions help Chris. I think this is fair.

Comment

(Posted by VH-ADG
            posted December 16, 2002 03:12 PM
            "and in reality, how gives a rats about whether a picture is level or not? hkg, wouldn't you be better posting over at airwhiners.net?")
            [img]naughty.gif[/img]
            [img]naughty.gif[/img]
            [img]naughty.gif[/img]
            [img]naughty.gif[/img]
            [img]naughty.gif[/img]
            I WILL TELL YOU WHO "GIVES A RATS ABOUT WHETHER A PICTURE IS LEVEL OR NOT", AIRLINERS.NET. I CAN'T COUNT HOW MANY OF MY PHOTOS WERE NOT LEVEL ENOUGH FOR THEM, YET I WILL SEE THEM ALLOW THE SAME TYPE OF OFFSET FROM SOMEONE ELSE. THEY NEED UNIFORMITY(is that a real word?)!
            SO VH-ADG, BEFORE YOU GO INSULTING HKGSPOTTER, REMEMBER, HKGSPOTTER IS ONLY QUESTIONING WHY, AIRLINERS.NET ACCEPTS SOME PHOTOS THAT AREN'T LEVEL BUT ACCEPTS OTHERS! "AIRLINERS.NET" NEEDS TO HAVE ONE MINDSET NOT 100! IF THEY (AIRLINERS) REJECTS ONE, NOT LEVEL PHOTO, THEY HAVE TO REJECT ALL! JETPHOTOS.NET REJECTS BAD QUALITY PHOTOS, THAT IS IT! THAT IS WHY IT IS "airliners.net" IS MORE LIKE A CLUB AND NOT FOR EVERYONE!

[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
            Gary R. Tinnes
            Canada
            See my photos:

Comment

Ah Puhleeze Gary,

If hkgspotter wants to whinge and whine all over the net because his pictures aren't a.net quality when there are perfectly good sites like jetphotos who's standards are different then I, or anyone else, can respond as we like.

It was my understanding that jetphotos was an independant site whos standards are obviously different due to it's age (which is good as my pics aren't airliners quality either), but when I see these forums I note that the forums are little more than an extension of airwhiners.net.

The neverending focus on airliners.net is nothing more than sour grapes on the part of some. Perhaps if they'd focus less on *****ing about airliners.net and more on what a great site this one is (and it must be because it accepted my pictures!) they wouldn't appear quite so pathetic!

VH-ADG
              ADG

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!I can believe there is actually an airwhiners.net! Darn and I wanted to publish it!
                http://www.airwhiners.net

Anyway look, anyone who complains about airliners.net is just agitated because they take pride in their photography and tons of time in uploading! When they receive a rejection it hurts a little! I wasted five years attemting to impress airliners.net and out of maybe 600 photos I sent only 32 were accepted! So the tension builds up and you have to release it! So rather than everybody taking this A.net bashing so seriously just have fun with it! I tried to suggest ways A.net could avoid this bashing but CEO Johan couldn't understand my e-mail and they continue to give people reason for bashing them! So I will enjoy reading the hilarious postings by HKGSPOTTER and others who can atleast admit they have something against A.net!

But "VH-ADG" you did set yourself up by asking who cares about a level photo! Don't make me start posting the e-mails I received from airliners.net (eight days after I sent my pics to them)!!!
                http://www.airwhiners.net I can't believe it! [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]
                Gary R. Tinnes
                Canada
                See my photos:

Comment

Gary,

She will never accept the facts so don't waste your time my friend.

Kind Regards
                  Daryl

Comment

To come back to the topic:
                    Airliners.net rejected many photos I thought were excellent. But many of them were "artistic"-ones, and by now I know Johan doesn't like them in his databse. It's his desicion, and there are enough other websites where I can publish them, although airliners.net is the largest and most well known yet.
                    I think the main problem is airliners.net has grown too big and the extended policity and rules of this website made it all look too unfriendly for me. But that's only my opinion. I think it's only a matter of time until only paying First Class Members can upload photos there.

Hope you understand my english.
                    Rgds
                    Chris

Comment

Yes, not only is there an airwhiners.net but it reminds me a lot of some of the threads in here.

There is a difference between frustration and constant, never ending whinging .. not only that. Hkgspotter is seen anywhere he can plying his anti airliners.net dribble. Does Chris really want his site to be a site for those who can't make airliners.net as hkg is making it out to be or does he want his site to stand out on it's own for it's own reasons? I would think the latter.

You're not alone in not getting pictures uploaded to airliners.net but unlike some I know that it's my camera and skill that stops me from getting my pics uploaded.

Why shouldn't people take it seriously? It's a never ending story with some people .. it makes them look jealous and petty and nothing more. Jetphotos has uploaded my pictures, that's fantastic .. 100% success rate so far but that doesn't make me want to bag airliners.net out, it just makes me happy to see my pictures online here... I can support both sites quite easily.

Funny thing is that while people are threatening to leave airliners.net and telling us all that the site will die, the number of uploads and uploaders continue to grow.

>> http://www.airwhiners.net I can't believe it!

Believe it ..

VH-ADG
                      ADG

Comment

Actually Gary,

Those who have been whinging loud and long on airliners are slowly removing themselves. Look at Hkg, he's nothing but a pathetic low life whinger and when Johans patiences reaches the ending point and he is apparently rude to hkg, hkg runs off takes his bat & ball and goes home. I have no idea what Johan said to him but if you look at hkg's reaction it much have been pretty rude although I suspect that it probably wasn't.

It's not Johan that deletes the whingers from airliners.net, it's the moderators. The moderators *generally* act on behalf of the users. I have recently engaged in a behind the scenes discussion with the moderators to remove posts from people like Hkg as the negativity brings the site down. It's not removing free speech to remove comments such as "this site sux". "this photo is fake" is not the beginning of a constructive discussion.

Jetphotos is a new site, it's got 10,000 photos and it's growing very nicely, but currently it's standards are lower than airliners.net (yay!). Wait until it's been here for 4 years and has 300,000 pictures and many hits a day and see if it's the same friendly little place it is now. Is he still going to upload 80% of all shots when he has used 120Gb of hard drive space (and growing?)? Only time will tell.

And see how Chris feels about people who consistantly ***** about his site when they've been doing it for years as well...

It really comes down to the simple fact that airliners.net is currently *the* premier aviation photography site on the net and it's standards are now so high that they're beyond the reach of some people (myself included). Rather than take that as a challenge many of you would rather blame the site or the screeners or the administrators than accept that your skill level just isn't high enough any more.

An analogy here would be athletics. Jetphoto is the local comp where everyone is welcome, and airliners is the olympics where a certain level of expertise needs to be reached prior to competing.

That's before we even get onto the subject of the fact that a certain few Americans feel that because the moderators don't force us all to bow down to the will of the vocal minority the site is anti-american...

VH-ADG
                        ADG

Comment

Chris, I fully agree with that point! Yes I realize that airliners.net is really big now and can't except everything! I have no problem with a rejection! But I do have a problem when they give me some bull**** excuse like "bad angle" or "not level", and can you believe it, I actually recieved one that said "Personal reason". So what, one of the screeners doesn't like the airline or aircraft I sent to them! And what bothers us the most is when photos by us are rejected BUT are excepted the next day by somebody else! Also I know for a fact that the artistic and harder to get shots are most popular despite the angle or level! But still get rejected by airliners!

For VH-ADG, remember this is a forum so we are all allowed to speak our minds and if we want to be "airwhiners" we can be and you can be an "anti-airwhiner" if you wish! But remember I think A.net was even getting bashed in their own website but banned those users due to JOHAN not accepting a freedom of speech! But you obviously show some interest in this subject if you keep replying to the messages! So if you don't like this A.net topic don't read it, you are not forced to! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

-"What one person says, another one can read! But when one person can read, it is to late to stop one from saying it!"
                          (another one of my cool original sayings) [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]
                          Gary R. Tinnes
                          Canada
                          See my photos:

Comment

actually recieved one that said "Personal reason". So what, one of the screeners doesn't like the airline or aircraft I sent to them!
                            Absolute BS. We dont reject them for personal reasons. The messages says that the screener gave you a personal note regarding this rejection. This is done to show you how you can improve your picture.
                            If you would have read it maybe you would have got a hint on how to get the picture to an acceptable standard.

"Read, understand, act instead of taking a quick look and whine" (One of my cool quotes) [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
                            Peter
                            http://www.vap-group.at
                            http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

Peter, I like your saying! And I may have missed that part through the many lines explaining why my photos aren't level or are from a bad angle! (What they were personally trying to say to me was, your not a first class member, or you aren't one of our favoured photographers)

You know what else, they probably don't even look at some pictures when they reject them! "Bad compression" was one that I received for about 15 pics at once, and I got my rejection within minutes after uploading (the sizes were lower than 400KB)but there was no difference between the quality as I have a program that cuts image size but doesn't make a noticeable difference visually!

One more thing I agree that airliners.net is large and can only accept so many more photos before exploding... BUT if jetphotos.net becomes more picky as they grow, hopefully their standards will be the same across the board! Wether the photographer has 1 or 1000 photos they will be treated the same!
                              No one could ever prove to me that airliners.net rejects everyone fairly and that is the point that some of us are trying to make!

As I said I have no problem with a rejection for low quality but when the deny me from adding an interesting or unique photo to their very standard photo database then they no where the can go!

Oh and if they were smart they would start removing the hundreds and hundreds of not decent photos-----

(the ones(including some of my older ones), that not only give the hope that ours can be accepted but also p*** us off, that they accept them over ours)

----they received when they were "jetphotos.net"'s age and make their database all high quality, awesome, shots that only the PRO's can take! So before you all say that airliners.net is a professional page and this is for the beginners who can't get on airliners.net, look at how many pictures on airliners.net looks like used toilet paper compared to amazing more colourful shots on this site! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"IF SOMETHING ISN'T WORKING RIGHT, CHANGE IT" (SAM WALTON) I think he said this one! [img]uhoh.gif[/img]
                              Gary R. Tinnes
                              Canada
                              See my photos:

Comment

Sorry I may not have been clear on this part...

Oh and if they [img]shake.gif[/img] THEY MEANING AIRLINERS.NET [img]shake.gif[/img] were smart they would start removing the hundreds and hundreds of not decent photos-----

(the ones(including some of my older ones), that not only give the hope that ours can be accepted but also p*** us off, that they accept them over ours)

----they received when they were "jetphotos.net"'s age and make their database all high quality, awesome, shots that only the PRO's can take! So before you all say that airliners.net is a professional page and this is for the beginners who can't get on airliners.net, look at how many pictures on airliners.net looks like used toilet paper compared to amazing more colourful shots on this site!

[img]shake.gif[/img]
                                Gary R. Tinnes
                                Canada
                                See my photos:

Comment

Working...
                                X