No announcement yet.

Manchester Spotting September 1-3, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to join you guys at the soutside on the 1st, but I'll be on the Onur Air A300, flight number OHY380 departing at 11am (hopefully!). If you guys want to point your camera's in my direction, it would be much appreciatied! I'll try and got some of you lot from the inside if I get an 'A' seat! I hope the weather holds for you.

Happy snapping,

Darren

PS: If anyone wants to get us landing, we're expected back at 0945 on friday 15th sept, fingers crossed for some easterly's!
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Jid, I'll be with Lew and Kevin. It would be good to meet you at last!

Darren, we'll do our best. Onur Air - now, do they fly Dash 8's or ATR's? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Andy

Comment

I just booked the Crowne Plaza for Saturday and Sunday, I'll need a ride if someone could be so kind (bribes accepted in return for favourable screening!!!)........I'm non-revving on the trains to Manchester and may be at the AVP on Saturday evening-it depends on the 'loads' so to speak.

Matt
        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Darren, we'll do our best. Onur Air - now, do they fly Dash 8's or ATR's?
          Thanks Andy, much appreciated. It better not be a Dash 8 or an ATR, it'll take forever to do the 1900 miles to Dalaman on one of those! They use A300's, A320/1's and MD88's. This'll be my first ride in an A300, hope its a good one!

Thanks again,

Darren
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by egll
            I just booked the Crowne Plaza for Saturday and Sunday, I'll need a ride if someone could be so kind (bribes accepted in return for favourable screening!!!)........I'm non-revving on the trains to Manchester and may be at the AVP on Saturday evening-it depends on the 'loads' so to speak.

Matt
            Hi Matt, Lew is picking me up at the airport the morning I arrive. I'm also staying at the Crowne Plaza for Fri, SAt, and Sun nights and flying back Monday. Damn, I wish I knew sooner you'll be at MAN for the weekend, otherwise, we could've saved some money on the hotel. But, we'll grab a beer or two over the weekend.

Maybe we can pitch in and hire a car around the city.

See ya next week, Matt.
            Kevin

Comment

transport in manchester to avp/southside

Have transport for 1st and 3rd if anyone needs lift? going to Southport airshow on 2nd

Comment

Ok,

Well Capital Aviation Photography will be represented on the Sunday 3rd - Monday 4th. Im going up with Dave Potter and BT777 (Benny) on the Sunday and staying over if anyone is still there on the Monday. Will people be Southside in the morning Sunday?

Cheers Dom

Comment

Originally posted by LHR-Domi
                  Will people be Southside in the morning Sunday?
                  I thought that was the plane then the AVP in the afternoon?

Comment

Where on southside? Mound or Triangle?? What time?

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

Slight change of plan in that I will now be arriving on Friday night and staying to Monday, that way I double my chances of getting some decent weather

Matt
                      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by egll
                        Slight change of plan in that I will now be arriving on Friday night and staying to Monday, that way I double my chances of getting some decent weather
                        You'd have to stay atleast a month to get some good weather Matt!

Originally posted by stu2ii2
                        Where on southside? Mound or Triangle?? What time?
                        I'd prefer the Triangle but i'll go wherever everyone else is going.

Comment

The Triangle is your best bet.

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

I'll likely be with Matt Wilmott Sharp on Sat. and Sunday. I fly out monday morning. As what Matt said, I hope to get some good weather.

Kevin

Comment

Yh Red and White Triange is it from what I can remember a year and a half ago?

Comment

Originally posted by LHR-Domi
                                Yh Red and White Triange is it from what I can remember a year and a half ago?
                                Well, it's more like the 'Red Wreck' now after some Chavs vandalised it about a year ago so it's in abit of a state. The main thing though is that it's still possible to rest the beers on it

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

Working...
                                X