So my flight got weathered out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my flight got weathered out

Well, After finally starting to recover from a week-long head cold that's kept me grounded, I was going to start flying today to makeup for lost time and get that much closer to my PPL. Then my instructor calls and tells me that UND is restricting to IFR Dual only... *fudge* I'm not flyin today.

Today also happens to be the day of the Potato Bowl, UND vs. Winona football and everyone's over at Alerus Center right now watching the game. Why am I not there? I assumed I'd be flying so I didn't buy a ticket. So now I'm the only one in my dorm with nothing to do.

...Except a queue dive.

Ugh I know the feeling. I missed a Baron flight to SAV once because "someone" left their cell at my place and I couldn't get a ride. I can TOTALLY relate to not having anything to do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
      Ugh I know the feeling. I missed a Baron flight to SAV once because "someone" left their cell at my place and I couldn't get a ride. I can TOTALLY relate to not having anything to do as well.
      is SAV somewhere else in Kentucky? or were trying to illegally immigrate to somewhere else in the States?

Comment

Thats sucks, stuff like that happens to me all the time. So then all I have to do is just come here to JP.net.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
          is SAV somewhere else in Kentucky? or were trying to illegally immigrate to somewhere else in the States?
          SAV is Savannah, Georgia. Since you're Canadian I'll give you a break.
          BTW it's not possible to illegally immigrate to another state.

Comment

Yeah, the weather was pretty crappy this morning. I couldn't fly today first of all because I had to play at the game, and then today was just going to be the emergency sim for me, but I'm doing that tomorrow.
            Well the weather doesn't look to be improving too much over the next few days, so good luck with catching up.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer
              Yeah, the weather was pretty crappy this morning. I couldn't fly today first of all because I had to play at the game, and then today was just going to be the emergency sim for me, but I'm doing that tomorrow.
              Well the weather doesn't look to be improving too much over the next few days, so good luck with catching up.
              You're on the Emergency sim? That's 102 right? I'm like one lesson behind that. Being grounded is pissing me off I wanna fly.

Comment

You have to buy tickets for your colleges athletic events? All students at my school get into everything for free.
                Tanner Johnson - Owner
                twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                  You're on the Emergency sim? That's 102 right? I'm like one lesson behind that. Being grounded is pissing me off I wanna fly.
                  Yeah, that's 102. Finished up lesson 7 Thursday and now I still have to get the emergency checklists down. Acronyms are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                    You have to buy tickets for your colleges athletic events? All students at my school get into everything for free.
                    Everything's free here except Hockey and I think Basketball. I guess it's something to do with the school not owning the arena and the deal they have between the people who do own the facility but that's just a guess.

Comment

Everything's free here except Hockey and I think Basketball. I guess it's something to do with the school not owning the arena and the deal they have between the people who do own the facility but that's just a guess.
                      actually I think basketball is free...I really should know this since I work at the ralph/betty...but I dunno. If it isn't it should be, nobody goes to the games really. They started going to the womens games last year, but that's simply because they were awesome, I'd say maybe 1/4th of the betty would be filled when the mens game started.

You said you wanna fly, you wanna take my final CFII stage check for me? I have the oral tomorrow, you better get studying

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                        You said you wanna fly, you wanna take my final CFII stage check for me? I have the oral tomorrow, you better get studying
                        If I pass, I get the ratings, I fail, it's all on you... agree?

Great

Comment

If I pass, I get the ratings, I fail, it's all on you... agree?

Great
                          well ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting screwed You best start learning your SR-20 systems

Comment

Working...
                          X