Quick Question about Night Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about Night Photography

It’s not something I’ve tried very often, mostly because it never worked, but I went out tonight to shoot some pictures of my school’s football team returning. Well, the pictures came out pretty good, but because I was shooting with a long exposure time, there is blurring in parts of the image due to the people deplaning. The aircraft itself looks fine (even the registry number is clearly readable), but what I’m wondering is if the blurring of the people would be cause for rejection. I don’t want to upload something that is sure to be rejected. I try not to waste the screeners time with junk.

Thanks in advance.

If you post the pictures, people would be able to give you a better idea of yes or no. Most of the time it depends if the photo "works" or not.

Comment

Yeah it all depends on if it "works". If it doesn't work then it's not gonna get accepted.

-Chris

Comment

Just by reading what you have said, I am trying to imagine the picture. If so, I think it will work, personally I like pictures where people are blurred (in terms of aviation/night shots..etc) it gives it a sense of time!

Good luck, and give it a go!

Cheers
        Neil.

Comment

This is not the one I'm considering uploading (for several reasons), but I figured I'd show you one I shot last night.

Comment

The people being blurred won't make the shot get rejected. But on the photo you showed, the angle is not good

Comment

Yeah, bad motive. If you had centered it properly, you would have hada nice photo.

Comment

Yeah, I know this one isn't good. It's just the one I pulled out because I knew I wasn't going to upload it. I haven't gone through the rest as I've been working almost all day on finishing up a paper for one of my classes.

Comment

Such a effect is one of the better things in night photography. The blurr of certain opbject can be a very interesting part pf the composition.

Comment

Working...
                  X