Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Insurance

Do most of you insure your cameras?

I am curious as I have just insured mine for Full replacement due to loss, theft or damage, at ome and away from home including camera body and all lenses for $3.50 per month.

Nick

Absolutley 100% yes.

Your paying $3.50 per month? How is your cameras/lens worth?

Comment

I insured it for $1500. Its a Pentax K100D Super + Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro lens. Its not a Canon 40D or something ultra expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by NickN
        I insured it for $1500. Its a Pentax K100D Super + Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro lens. Its not a Canon 40D or something ultra expensive.
        I pay £10 per month which covers £3000, two bodies and 4 lenses and all the bits and bobs.

Comment

To be honest, I have no clue how much I pay. It's all covered in the insurance for my business which I don't deal with. I think we pay between $500-$750 a year.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Im going to need to sort out some kind of insurance for my camera as I plan to take it on the slopes in Austria this weekend and doubt my usual winter sports insurance will cover it in case of mishap or falling off a mountain lol.

Comment

yep, both bodies and lenses are covered for full replacement. Not sure of the price but it's very small

Comment

I bought a Canon 400D I have an insurance card that came with it but I don't know what good it does me how do I register it? Also if it wasn't insured how would I go about finding a place to get it insured?

Comment

The easiest way for you to insure it is probably through your Homeowners Insurance Policy...of course assuming you own a home.
                  Tanner Johnson - Owner
                  twenty53 Photography

Comment

Unless you have a lot of expensive equipment, most home/contents policies will probably cover your photographic stuff. However, once you start to get more expensive gear, more lenses etc, it is worth insuring them separately. It isn't very expensive and is certainly easier than trying to persuede your contents provider that your camera/lens should be covered. Usually they have a maximum limit on single items, which often won't touch the kit you have!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                    X