Photo requests for "Personal use"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wunaladreamin
    I was the reason Phil @ NYCA brought up that thread. "Dannis" or whatever the hell his name is was asking for a hi-res file of a few T7's I shot. I politely declined and offered to print and mail him the photos he wanted. He refused. My conclusion is, he ain't using them for his personal collection. Just a heads up.
    I get requests from this guy for almost every T7 shot I've uploaded. I don't trust him and never sent him anything, though he keeps promising the following:
    I promise you that it will be ONLY for my personal photos collection on 777 NOT for commercial use

Comment

Does anyone know the story with this guy "Dannis?" I've received a number of emails from him and you would thing after strongly worded responses to him he'd stop but he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
        Does anyone know the story with this guy "Dannis?" I've received a number of emails from him and you would thing after strongly worded responses to him he'd stop but he doesn't.
        Perhaps you Admin guys could take a vote on whether or not you should continue to forward his requests to the members? It Seems a bit draconian but he seems to be causing a fair bit of irritation and the odds appear to be against him being on the level.

Comment

Dannis has e-mailed me a few times about my shot of an AA 772 at SJC. I told him I lost the origional so I can't do anything with the shot. Yet, he was persistant. Didn't get him anywhere.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara
            Things dont quite work that way in India, believe me Ikka you wouldnt want to hear what followed.
            Try me!
            ---------Ilkka---------
            My photos at Airliners.net
            My photos at Jetphotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara
              Things dont quite work that way in India, believe me Ikka you wouldnt want to hear what followed.
              I want to hear!11
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                I want to hear!
                Me to!!!

Comment

I've been getting his requests for years now and I've sent him dozens of shots, it might sound suspicious at first but he just gets the shots printed for himself. I've spoken to people who have met him and the guy just loves 777s, I'm confident that he doesn't use the shots for anything other than his collection.

I've gotten a bunch of other requests for "personal use" though and denied most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by AC870
                    I've spoken to people who have met him and the guy just loves 777s, I'm confident that he doesn't use the shots for anything other than his collection.
                    Well that is a good enough answer for me. I will comply with his request.

Comment

Originally posted by AC870
                      I've been getting his requests for years now and I've sent him dozens of shots, it might sound suspicious at first but he just gets the shots printed for himself. I've spoken to people who have met him and the guy just loves 777s, I'm confident that he doesn't use the shots for anything other than his collection.

I've gotten a bunch of other requests for "personal use" though and denied most of them.
                      Does he print for himself all 777's or is he just approaching people when they placed a nice picture on the website?
                      (In that latter case it's more flattering for me that I was approached )

Comment

This thread has just opened up a can of worms for me.

A few months ago, I was approached by flightsafety international who were doing an article on LCY.
                        Someone from that company contacted me saying that they'd like to use my image of LCY... link below
                        LCY from the back of a Chinook. Thanks to Mr Palmer for arranging the ride. Millenium dome and Canary Wharf visible in the background.. EGLC. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

and that I'd get $75 upon publication...mulled over it and thought, well OK fair enough and sent the image over.

A couple of weeks later, I receieve an e mail saying that things in publication don't quite go as planned and that they decided not to use my image.

My concerns are

1) Do they still have it on their database
                        2) Are they likely to use it

excuse me if this sounds a bit farfetched but...

3) If someone was just trying to con me to hand over the image!!!

Your view's much appreciated.

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

I think your worries are very reasonable!

Comment

I would go with #3. For me, you don't get the image till I get the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Calfo
                              Me to!!!
                              Me 3!!! Rofllzz!!1

Comment

I also sent him this one

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6302988
                                My photos on http://www.planesphotos.net/search.p...ch_user=Sinior

Comment

Working...
                                X