This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Chance?

Ok I know it won't get in the database. Just thought I'd share it with you all. Taken after my flight yesterday, Canon 1DMkIII with 24-70 f2.8.

Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

f8, 1/800th.
    However why was it at ISO 320 ?
    Or is it HDR ?

Either ways it looks nice.

Cheers - Vishal

Comment

Why not?
      Tanner Johnson - Owner
      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Thats a sick photo.

Comment

Very nice! Love the deep colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
            Why not?
            Reason i asked is because i thought one must almost always shoot bright daylight stuff at one of the lowest ISO's if not THE lowest.

Besides, whats with the darker shades in all the 4 corners of the photo ?
            Did u shoot it in a certain way to get that sort of an effect or is it post-processing ?

Comment

It's all in the post processing.

No one says you have to shoot the bright daylight stuff at the lowest ISO. Especially with the 1D MkIII, my ISO 6400 is most peoples ISO 800. The high ISO performance on this thing is absolutely amazing.

Example of ISO 6400 in a shot I took of a kid up at school:

Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Generally not the best idea to shoot at split ISO's but then if your using a high end dslr it doesn't matter overly. Just out of interest why the darker areas in the corners of the photo?

Comment

It's called a vignette.

You may not get the point, but when you apply it to a photo you'll notice the different tremendously. It really makes the photo pop a little more. We use it on all of our portrait and wedding work. It's just a nice effect to make the photo pop more. It may not seem like it does much, but it does.
                  Tanner Johnson - Owner
                  twenty53 Photography

Comment

I thought it was vignetting but I wanted to be sure. True, good for certain effects on portrait and wedding stuff if the client wants such an effect. Personally (and this is my opinion only) I wouldn't have finished said photo with it.

Comment

I think it adds to the retro feel of the photo. Our airport is one of the oldest in the country (world too) so that was the point in turning this photo like this.

Also, most of our clients don't even now that we apply such an effect because we do it so subtly on them. You can definitely tell a difference if you're looking for it, but if not you have no clue.

Fact: The country's first transcontinental flight stopped in Kent, Ohio.
                      Tanner Johnson - Owner
                      twenty53 Photography

Comment

I think the HDR is overdone and the clouds are overexposed , terrible.

Comment

I agree the retro idea does not work with the overly agressive colors for me. There was one type of film back in the days that produced the same effect, I bought it once and never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
                            I think the HDR is overdone and the clouds are overexposed , terrible.
                            I guess I would understand that if it was an HDR photo and it was supposed to be perfectly exposed.
                            Tanner Johnson - Owner
                            twenty53 Photography

Comment

Well, I liked it.

Comment

Working...
                              X