The Return of (DFW) Founders' Plaza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of (DFW) Founders' Plaza

After a closure of over 2.5 years, the new and improved Founders' Plaza viewing park will finally re-open at DFW on 9/17/2008. The park has been moved to the Northwest corner of the airfield, situated right next to runway 18R. I plan to go out there probably next Friday and check it out. I'll post some photos once I return.

Welcome to DFW International Airport. View flight information, security wait times, parking, shopping & dining options and more.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Wow, awesome! Glad to see it finally re opened now!

I remember being there a couple of times, meeting with Paul here and my other friends and getting some great shots!

Can't wait to check it out next time I head to Dallas.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

I'd love to get up there, but I won't have time until December in between school, work, and everything else.

However, as soon as the semester ends (and hopefully graduation), then I'm going to take a weekend and visit Dallas including some time out at Founder's Plaza.

Comment

I'll have to try it out when I'm down there again.

Comment

I'm planning to go Friday afternoon. Hopefully by then the winds will be out of the South for the arrivals. An early cool front this week has given us northerly winds.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog View Post
            I'm planning to go Friday afternoon. Hopefully by then the winds will be out of the South for the arrivals. An early cool front this week has given us northerly winds.
            You want to push that back to Saturday afternoon? I'm planning to head out there Saturday around 2 and stay until early sundown (like 6 or so).

I have class and work tomorrow otherwise I'd head out.

Comment

Will head out there this weekend. Do you know if they are going to keep the makeshift one open? I hope so, as that is the only adequete place to go in the morning due to the sun.

Comment

The park's really nice, with great views of aircraft on approach to 18R. My photos would have been great if I hadn't left my camera on ISO 1250. I'll probably go out there again this Friday afternoon, to make up for what I messed up on.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog View Post
                  My photos would have been great if I hadn't left my camera on ISO 1250.
                  Ouch, I did that once at IAH. An entire day of shooting down the toilet.

I will definitely be coming up to Dallas as soon as I am finished with my Masters in December. I've missed not being able to go up there the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                  X