Fences in Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fences in Photos

I have some more boneyard shots but they have the fence visible in them. THe fence def. does not take away from the subject, these worth going to the pre screen?

As long as the fence isn't blocking the subject and doesn't draw too much attention to it, I think it should be fine.
    The shot I saw you put up in the prescreening thread would definitely get rejected for the fence because it's blocking part of the aircraft. If it wasn't blocking it, then it could work.
    However in that case, it's a no-go.
    Hope this helps and hope to see some of your pics from the boneyard up!

Comment

Depends also on rarity of the aircraft in the database.

I've had some pics accepted last week, where the fence was blocking parts of the a/c, but they are accepted becuase of the extreme rarity and age of this pics.

Freek

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer View Post
        As long as the fence isn't blocking the subject and doesn't draw too much attention to it, I think it should be fine.
        The shot I saw you put up in the prescreening thread would definitely get rejected for the fence because it's blocking part of the aircraft. If it wasn't blocking it, then it could work.
        However in that case, it's a no-go.
        Hope this helps and hope to see some of your pics from the boneyard up!
        I hope to upload some as well, but I dont have photoshop... Do you think Elements would be good enough to edit?

Comment

Originally posted by Frick187 View Post
          I hope to upload some as well, but I dont have photoshop... Do you think Elements would be good enough to edit?
          You should have no problem using PS Elements - it can do much of what the full version does, especially for editing photos for JP.net. Probably the first 100 or so shots I have here were edited in Elements.
          KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Originally posted by Frick187 View Post
            I have some more boneyard shots but they have the fence visible in them. THe fence def. does not take away from the subject, these worth going to the pre screen?
            Could you place a link to one of the queued or rejected photos?

Comment

You could post a few of them here in this thread and we will have a look.

Soren
              Regards
              Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

thanks for all the help guys. You all are a lot more helpful then some other sites. I post all my photos on flickr. There is a set called ROW and one called Roswell. I am going to Walmart tonight to purchase Elements!

Explore Eddie Maloney’s 6,434 photos on Flickr!

Comment

Nice photos! But there is a lot of clutter in most of them, not only fence but other stuff aswell. And many of the has bad heat distortion. I think the one that have the best chance of getting accepted are:

ALOHA 737-2T4(N807AL)
                  BRITISH AIRWAYS 747 LANDOR

Soren
                  Regards
                  Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation View Post
                    Nice photos! But there is a lot of clutter in most of them, not only fence but other stuff aswell. And many of the has bad heat distortion. I think the one that have the best chance of getting accepted are:

ALOHA 737-2T4(N807AL)
                    BRITISH AIRWAYS 747 LANDOR

Soren
                    Yea I agree on the distoration but I was just really happy that I got to see all those aircraft. You need a telescope or some good people to know in these boneyards.

Comment

Working...
                    X