Thanksgiving Weekend-SO cal area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Weekend-SO cal area

I plan on being in Orange County from Nov 26-30th. I plan on shooting LAX at least and was seeing if any one is also going to be around these days.

Eddie-Las Vegas

Count me in

I'm sure that on one of those days I'll be there. Thursday morning for sure, and perhaps Saturday the whole day...Jorge C might show as well.
    Tim

Comment

Tim,

Tell Jorge I said hi, I met him in August at the museum. I shoot with Dave Budd sometimes here in Vegas! Trying to see if he is going to come up next weekend.

Eddie Maloney-Las Vegas

Comment

Lax

I live real close. Although I wanted to go fishing one of those days I can work around this if I had a better idea of the day and time frame.

Jim Macris
        Nikon User
        Click here to view my 69 photos.

Comment

Hey Jim...

Fishing shooting, fishing, shooting...HMMM choose wisely, or the force will choose for you!!! Personally, in the past I'd have chose fishing, as it reaps 2 benefits: 1) food and 2) the satisfaction that you accomplished your goal. With airline photography, we are always chasing the inevitable...and NEVER reaching the goal, that being the impossible goal of the BEST SHOT EVER!!! So, again, choose wisely...fishing or shooting. I'll be there...just because I HATE THOSE G&*Damn fish !!!
          T

Comment

I am looking at Friday, prob sun up to sun down.

Comment

Tim & Frick

Tim / Frick -- I'll be there one of those days. Oh by the way Tim, as a spare fishing pole I carry a baseball bat and for entertainment I bring some adult beverages. This way the fish never get the best of me.

All the Best guys see you soon

Jim Macris
              Nikon User
              Click here to view my 69 photos.

Comment

All, look forward to shooting with you guys on Friday. I will wear a green Ireland hat,and I'll wear it backwards so you guys know it's me. I think i'll be near Proud Bird for the Qantas a380 and then move to the hill.

Is the light any good right now?

Comment

Light and bats

Frick,
                  As far as the light goes, the autumn and winter months can reap some of the nicest shots as the light can be really nice. I always check this before rolling out: http://www.cargolaw.com/lax_webcam.html This way I can see how the weather is. Be sure to be at the PB before 6:30, and the A380 can get in before its scheduled time around 7-7:30. Good luck

Jim,
                  Baseball bats? WTF. Do you use that on the folks around you, or just on the fish? The adult beverages I can see, but I never had to use a bat on a fish. Rock yes, but not the bat..seems too messy!! Just kidding of course, it'll be good to see you again on the hill.
                  T

Comment

Tim, The qantas shows it's scheduled to land at 950am.

Comment

Qantas

Hey guys the PB parking structure is closed in the morning and does not open till 7:30am or so. Being the day after T-Day there may be some office parking available down the street. Use caution tow company is just a few blocks away.

Frick I will be happy to go with you in the am. I can meet you on hill in the morning and drive over to the PB together. I am local to the area -- let me know either way.

Tim the bat is for the pine cones -- after a few adult beverages the pine cones start to look like baseballs and since the fishing pole is in a pole holder I have plenty of time to hit homeruns in the middle of ther forest.

Comment

Jim, email me at [email protected] That way we can exchange info and meet up times.

Comment

Working...
                        X