Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delhi Airport on high alret, be careful if you decide to take pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delhi Airport on high alret, be careful if you decide to take pics!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Apparently the Indian government intercepted a e-mail in which there was a threat to destroy planes or the Delhi airport. All staff there are on high alert and all airline crews have been told to report any suspicious activities. Since, aviation photography often gets misinterpreted as a suspicious activity, I hope that anyone who is planning to photograph planes in India, does it very carefully. A very unfortunate consequence of last week's attacks in Mumbai.

Here's a link:

In the wake of a threat to blow up the Delhi Airport, authorities have put the Indira Gandhi International Airport under heavy security cover and all security agencies have been told to be on the alert.

Rohan

Itīs a sick world!

May the victims rest in peace and I wish their families all the best.

Comment

Just took a flight out of Delhi a couple of hours ago for Mumbai. Tickets were being checked atleast 5 times before boarding:

1. Outside the airport terminal itself.
      2. At the terminal entrance.
      3. At a barricade before the baggage screening(At most Indian Airports, you have to get your baggage screened before you can check in).

4. At the baggage screening counter by the screener.
      5. At the check in queue, by another policeman.

Nothing special with regards to the baggage. It was screened only once and I distinctly remember my conversation with dad talking about security loopholes, yes they still exist.

As regards to photography, dad shot a couple of interesting billboards and an new automobile on display at the terminal. On both occasions, there was a cop nearby, who wasnt bothered. The only prominent change at the airport was the presence of a lot of heavily armed army personell all over the terminal.

Regards,
      Aalok
      Last edited by Aalok Gaitonde; 2008-12-02, 19:55. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
        Itīs a sick world!

May the victims rest in peace and I wish their families all the best.
        I agree completely. As according to Aalok's post, it's nice to see that the police aren't stopping people from taking pictures. Hopefully, it won't get even worse.

Thank you,

Rohan

Comment

Aalok, Could u take pictures of any a/c

Comment

Yes I did!

Comment

Working...
            X