Spotting in winter in AMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting in winter in AMS

I'm planning to go some days next year in AMS to spot. Since I can go there only in winter (around November, 16th) I was wondering wich are usually the weather conditions on that period to take photos at Schiphol. In particular I'm scared about fog and rain. Anyone who can help me??Thank you!

Well as we say here in the Netherlands there is nothing as changeble as the weather...so you can expect everything, sun, rain cold,mild temperature and so on....Just looking through my pictures I took on nov.16th this year I can remember it was mostly clouded with some sun at
    about 2.p.m. and very cold weather, no rain....

Comment

Hi,

I work at Schiphol Airport.

Answering your question. It's risky to visit Schiphol in November. You can expect (a lot of) rain during the day and fog during the morning. You need some luck and check the latest weather forecast.

Goodluck! DJK
      My aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net! CLICK

Comment

Bring some warm clothes with you. Due to the wind it can feel realy cold

Comment

Thank you for all your answers! I don't really know what to do, because I'm scared that it could be transformed in 3 days in wich I can't do anything and it would be very disappointing since I would like to go there only to spot, so i'm thinking to change the airport and get to Schiphol in 2010 during a more favorable period...

Comment

You're right. The weather can change here each hour. Wheather forecast can give you a good indication about the weather but the choise is up to you
            There are a lot of Dutch photogravers around here so you can always ask for a wheather forecast

Comment

Yes! Finally I have taken my decision. I won't take the risk of the bad weather and I won't go to AMS to spot but to MAN where I can go earlier in the year...AMS is my 2010 destination...Thanks anyway for all the tips, they have been very usefull!

Comment

Working...
              X