Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any users of the Canon 70-200 L F2.8 & F4 USM???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the 100-400L and love it to bits...post edit is time to make your shots as sharp as possible and with my lens they are sharp enough even at the 400 end.I would go for this lens every time.It is the lens used by a large majority.
    I am looking at the sigma 18-200 with the IS at the moment.Good value and i have read it does a very good job as an all round lens.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
      Indeed....i've not forgiven it totally and it's still flawed to hell and back (if i'd wanted to suck dust i'd have bought a Dyson), but at the end of the day it's flexible and the results from a good copy are fine.
      The latest push-pull lenses have rubber seals to stop dust. Perhaps they have Updated the 100-400mm by now to incorporate this feature?

BUT as Alex mentioned it is also fits more than 90% of my needs. The quality, sharpness is perfect. I just wish I had the IS version and more 100 to 200mm range.
      My 28-300mm f3.5-5.6L covers 97% of my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by cja View Post
        Yeah yeah yeah... Go away! Not that I'm jealous at you owning my dream lens or anything...

I really do want to get hold of the 28-300L at some point. It has the most perfect range of focal lengths imaginable for aviation (and many other things, it would make a superb general lens on my film SLR). Having that lens would mean I don't need to make the decision of whether to use the 50-500, 70-200L f/4 or 100-400L IS I currently have at my disposal!

Paul
        Last edited by PMN; 2008-12-22, 14:28.
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cja View Post
          The latest push-pull lenses have rubber seals to stop dust. Perhaps they have Updated the 100-400mm by now to incorporate this feature?

Of course it should cover that much of your needs! Wish had one of those though.

Comment

Working...
          X