Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worthy of upload?

Hi Everyone,

I'm very much of a novice... I'm very much on the bottom of the learning curve in photography.

Could I have have some critique on what I can do to improve this picture?

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Thanks.

Welcome in the world of aviation- photografy.

If this is one of your your first pics , it's not bad at all.
    As far as I can see on this monitor (I am at work) it's sharp, levelled, quite well cropped and centered.
    My first attempts were much worser.

However; your photo lacks in contrast and it looks backlit.
    You ve chosen the wrong site of the a/c, I am afraid.

Good luck

Freek

Comment

Like Freek already said, it's not bad for the first time.
      I'd like to add that it looks like there is a small dust spot above the plane. You can easily remove that but I think the backlit make's this photo one for you personal collection. I'm looking foward to more photos of you.

Good luck

Comment

May I congratulate you with this beautiful photo. I would try to get rid of this backlit, though it doesn´t bother me in your picture.
        And then I would certainly encourage you to try and upload it!

Good luck and let us know what you´ve decided.

Comment

Hi Skid,

It is hard to give an opinion without seeing the full size image but it looks to me like the sun is on the nose or just to the wrong side by just a little, however I would say it is still worth uploading. That does not mean that it will definitely be accepted but I do not think that my fellow screeners will object to taking it through the process. There are plenty of examples of shots which are technically backlit yet have made it through screening!
          Last edited by cja; 2009-01-12, 17:34.

Comment

.....but I do not think that my fellow screeners will object to taking it through the process. There are plenty of examples of shots which are technically backlit yet have made it through screening!
            Quite agree. Give it around +10 - +15 contrast. There is a small spot above the middle of the aircraft that needs dealing with as well.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the constructive input. I do appreciatate the tips. It was a quick, grab it while could shot out my window.

Alex

Comment

Working...
              X