X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jose Luis Silva View Post
    More two photos from my last trip:

Iguaçu Falls

I have a poster of that spot in my room! Got it from a Embassy here in Ottawa. Lovely shot!
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys....

Another one from Iguaçu Falls, using the Canon 20D + Canon 17-40mm L F/4 USM (love that lens)

Regards
      A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

• These aren't particularly artistic but they give a little insight into my life away from JP! We did a gig at the Veltins Arena (FC Schalke's ground) in Gelsenkirchen last Saturday and I couldn't help having a bit of a wander round with the camera.

This is such a tremendously huge venue!

My office and my toy for the gig, a trusty Yamaha PM5D digital console:

The front of house mix position:

And just for fun and to see it all working, a bit of a video as we were ending our set. It was a damned enjoyable gig!

My view mixing Smokie at the Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. This is easily the biggest indoor gig I've ever done and without doubt ranks amongst t...
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Carla and i headed off a few weeks ago down the Great Ocean Rd for a bit of a drive...amazing drive if your ever here in Melbourne..spectacular scenery.
          Grabbed this handheld with the 70-200 series II.
          Love this lens..

Comment

• Nice shot Daz!
            Chris Sharps
            5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
            17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
            24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
            1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

• Mostly non-aviation related, took these at the Good Neighbor Day Airshow at KPDK yesterday. The jet truck put off some heat when it passed the crowd

I like the way the flag turned out in this one

flickr

Comment

• Darren, spectacular shot~!

Comment

• Jan, I know what you are trying to do in the 4th shot but looks like it didn't work out properly. I have never been able to understand the technique which lights up your subject properly and doesn't overexpose the background too. I know its Fill flash but wouldn't your shutter speed which is limited to 1/200 while your flash is out, overexpose the background?

Comment

• Yash there is a nack to doing it without flash too but your looking at shooting at different angles with a nice wide aperture prime at an aperture between F1.2-F2.8 and it can come of very nicely. It depends on the angle of light, strength of light, time of year, etc.
                    Chris Sharps
                    1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

• Originally posted by yash777 View Post
                      Jan, I know what you are trying to do in the 4th shot but looks like it didn't work out properly. I have never been able to understand the technique which lights up your subject properly and doesn't overexpose the background too. I know its Fill flash but wouldn't your shutter speed which is limited to 1/200 while your flash is out, overexpose the background?
                      Actually when taking the photo the sun was in my eyes so I decided not to take it, then I thought why not, maybe something will pop up and got that. It wasn't meant to be posted but I edited it to make the sun brighter and looked a bit better. I only have the external/camera flash for now as well.

Comment

• Yash, an example of how it looks when done correctly
                        Chris Sharps
                        1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                          These aren't particularly artistic but they give a little insight into my life away from JP! We did a gig at the Veltins Arena (FC Schalke's ground) in Gelsenkirchen last Saturday and I couldn't help having a bit of a wander round with the camera.
                          I think my mother went there.

Comment

• Originally posted by yash777 View Post
                            Jan, I know what you are trying to do in the 4th shot but looks like it didn't work out properly. I have never been able to understand the technique which lights up your subject properly and doesn't overexpose the background too. I know its Fill flash but wouldn't your shutter speed which is limited to 1/200 while your flash is out, overexpose the background?
                            If you have an external flash you can sync much faster than 1/200, alternatively, you can use a reflector.
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• There are some amazing photos here! I thought I'd post some of my own (click on the images for the link to flickr). Comments and constructive criticism most welcome.

This panorama of the Golden Gate Bridge was made up from 7 shots taken in portrait

Some shots from Taronga Zoo, Sydney

Taken on the ferry back to Circular Quay from Taronga Zoo as a storm approaches from the south.

And finally a few from the Vivid Sydney light festival being held in Sydney until June 13.

Comment

• Wonderful Gareth!! I added you on flickr.

Comment

Working...
                                X