No announcement yet.

Non-aviation photography....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few from last week's pretty spectacular trip to Greenland!

Our transport for the journey from Aasiaat back to Ilulisaat next to something bigger and redder!

Well what else are you gonna do on a 5 hour boat trip through a Greenlandic ice fjord? I can now confirm that the Arctic Circle makes for a fine open air beer fridge!

It's quite odd seeing the occasional dirty iceberg in this pristine white landscape but there are quite a few of them:

Our little boat battling through the ice, three hours into the journey it looked like we were going to have to turn round and head back there was so much of it!

My home for my last night in Greenland was Igloo No.1 (nearest the camera) at Ilulisaat's Hotel Arctic, the most northerly 4 star hotel in the world…

…Which meant all I had to do to take these was merely lean out of the door. We spend so much time as photographers chasing photo opportunities so it's nice for them to come to you sometimes.

An amazing trip to an amazing place!
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• I can actually feel the clean air in those shots Paul! Nice work.
      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• Cheers Jan, the air really was amazing up there!

I forgot to mention this in my reply but Darren, that's a gorgeous image, and Gareth, some seriously impressive photos in there. The lightening one is stunning!
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
            I want one!

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
              This pic would make anybody smile.... Great contrast between the white pup and red planks!

flickr

Comment

• Apart from planespotting..... there's a parallel world that i do indulge in from time to time!

Comment

• Comment

• My 1st Birthday Cake! The planespotting bug bit right here!!!

Comment

• Went out yesterday with the 180L before i send if off for repairs. All 4 are with 180 f/3.5L Macro + 7D, ISOs from 500-800, all handheld with no flash.

Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Love the second one simpleboy!

Wedding photographer:

Comment

• Cheers Jan,

What was your lens, focal length and aperture in your photographer shot? I just find the background a bit distracting and was wondering if it would have been possible to shoot wider open.
                          Sam Rudge

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                            Cheers Jan,

What was your lens, focal length and aperture in your photographer shot? I just find the background a bit distracting and was wondering if it would have been possible to shoot wider open.
                            It was f/5 and at 55mm.

I added some dark tones and levels in the edited version.

Comment

• I figured you added those effects in PS. I just find the upper corners rather distracting. Ive taken your pic and edited it to show what it would have been like shot at say f/2.8 or wider (hope you dont mind),

By blurring the background ive removed a lot of the 'clutter' in the blur in the upper corners.
                              Sam Rudge

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                                I figured you added those effects in PS. I just find the upper corners rather distracting. Ive taken your pic and edited it to show what it would have been like shot at say f/2.8 or wider (hope you dont mind),

By blurring the background ive removed a lot of the 'clutter' in the blur in the upper corners.
                                I do not mind at all! I have edited that shot in PS (just like every picture I post) and have thought of blurring it but did not. My lens can only stop down to f/4 at 55-70mm so I cannot get more bokeh or blurred.

One more reason for me to buy a 70-200f/2.8

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X