No announcement yet.

Non-aviation photography....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There really are some great photos here!

Stefan's mentioning of Madeira made me want to get in the Madeira mood, so here are a few from my two previous trips to this beautiful little island with fellow JP contributors Tom Gautier and Adam Spalding.

Adam shooting looking over the city of Funchal:

Tom catching some rays:

Me and Tom are heading back there in November with fellow photographers Jimmy Leaman and Aidan Ingham, really can't wait to get back!

Hope you had a good time, Stefan!
    Last edited by PMN; 2010-09-23, 20:23.
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• In all honesty it was just an ok trip. I seem to prefer the canary islands of Tenerife and La Palma. (especially due to the people and the food)

Some more from Madeira - all with my hiking camera - an old Nikon Coolpix 5700

Last edited by seahawk; 2010-09-24, 07:50.

Comment

• Nice photos, Stefan. I guess we all have our favourite places! I've never been to the Canaries but it's on my 'to visit' list.

Was there much evidence of the mudslides around Funchal or is it largely back to normal?

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
          Nice photos, Stefan. I guess we all have our favourite places! I've never been to the Canaries but it's on my 'to visit' list.

Was there much evidence of the mudslides around Funchal or is it largely back to normal?
          If you drive up to Sao Vincente there are plenty of road works and other construction going on due to the mudslides. A few of the hiking trails are also still closed or not fully repaired yet.

Comment

• Paul and Stefan...
            What absolute rubbish!! All those pictures, and not a plane in site. Shame, shame, shame. Really then, wonderful shots. I might crawl though some of mine and get the nerve up to post some of mine.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
                Paul and Stefan...
                What absolute rubbish!! All those pictures, and not a plane in site. Shame, shame, shame. Really then, wonderful shots. I might crawl though some of mine and get the nerve up to post some of mine.
                Haha! Cheers Tim, yeah get some up.

A quick couple taken a few minutes ago out of my skylight. Wish I'd have known it was going to be like that, I'd have made more of an effort to move my ass somewhere with a better view than my bedroom!

No colour alterations here whatsoever beyond adding a little saturation. The sky really was that spectacular!

Fletch - Great shot!
                Last edited by PMN; 2010-09-29, 17:53.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Here are spme walking around La Palma in 2009

and the last one more for the effect of the clouds moving in, than for photographic value

Comment

• Corfu, Oct 2, 2010. A hungry bird entertained me with its various fishing methods, while I was waiting for the next plane to come.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                    www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

• Very nice and sharp, I love the third photo on which you can also see the fish he is chasing

Comment

• It has been over 1 year, so I guess I can use this picture now. I shot this last year at the Miramar MCAS Airshow during the MAGTF display. Seen here are four "Force Recon" Marines, each pointed in a cardinal direction, after having dropped in from a helo. This picture seems really compressed...I think that happened when I uploaded it onto the server.
                        Last edited by twagenknecht; 2010-10-19, 01:16.

Comment

• Hot Shot, I would say.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

• Some from me!

FAITH HEALER OR FRAUD?

Comment

• In my garden at 1am!

Comment

• The magic of Bombay(Mumbai)!

Comment