LAX Imperial Hill update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX Imperial Hill update!

As you may have noticed...I spent an enjoyable Saturday afternoon at the Imperial Hill at LAX...after discovering that bus #439 runs from a block away from my house to a stop literally at the hill, and only takes 15 minutes.

My has the place changed from the pile of bricks and dirt it was just a few weeks ago! They put up a nice fence, laid the bricks and some interesting designs in the pavement/walk, planted some cute little trees, stuck a few benches in, and even have some nice marble chess tables in!

Here is the place (almost complete except for the gutter in the street), looking east from the west end. The orange cone is abeam where the small new "deck" is that protrudes about 5ft out over the hill now.

Here is a closer view of the "deck" including the airport out in front of it. Notice those two big trees down there by the hangars have become somewhat anoying...me and Paulsen are thinking of a late night run with a chainsaw...

All in all, a very nice, enjoyable place, where we are sure to not get hassled! Not only that, but after awhile I stopped taking pics, sat down, got some music going and just relaxed on a bench...it was great.

One more reason to come see Clovis at KLAX...

-C

Cool!!!! Can you post some more pictures? Thanks for the show!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I know where i'm going this Christmas

Comment

Good luck with the chainsaw - tell me when the tree is down, i'll be right up there.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

oh, she's good lookin'

Man, things sure have changed since I was there 3 months ago.

Lookin' forward for another visit.

I just emailed Mr. Mike Gordon and said my thanks instead of trashing it.

Kevin

Comment

Bring your tele lens...400mm from the deck:

-C

Comment

Wow! It looks pretty nice since they've fixed it up. I'll be looking forward to going over by Imperial Hill maybe next week or the week after when I get some time.

Comment

Wow LAX is really spotter friendly, that's allot more then I can say about JFK, LGA, and especially ISP.

Comment

Aaah.... i want to go too!

But my visa is still pending

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=571

Comment

Looks like there'll be somewhere pleasant for me to sit and photograph the airplanes from when I'm at LAX in early November then!

Just as long as El Segundo's finest don't try to ticket my rental car again Fortunately, last time I was there, they let me off when they found I was from the UK - we don't have stupid rules about having to park at the side of a road facing in one specific direction!

Andy

Comment

Looks like I should take my 300D out there instead of shooting high-res pics of squirrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                        Looks like I should take my 300D out there instead of shooting high-res pics of squirrels.
                        What about the poor squirrels Greg? Who is going to take their picture?

Comment

Somebody else.

Comment

Looks like there'll be somewhere pleasant for me to sit and photograph the airplanes from when I'm at LAX in early November then!
                            You better call your bench in advance Andy, there is an astute shortage of them!! For some reason the city decided they only needed three... And last time a 400lb man had used pretty much the whole of one of them..so I resorted to sit at a chess table. Anyone for checkers?

I understand you and Sam C. will be in town in Nov? Was it the 9th? Me and Paulsen have already allocated those weekends to Hill spotting time..
                            Will be nice to meet you in person and perhaps make amends...

-Clovis

Comment

What about the poor squirrels Greg? Who is going to take their picture?
                              That would be me

Stuck in CT for the winter with only Dash 8's and bizjets at FL70 for low-flying aircraft. That leaves me with squirrels and the occasional bird, lol. I actually took this pic a few days after i got my Coolpix 5700, so I was still playing around with it.

My Photos On Jetphotos.net

Comment

Working...
                              X