Over Processed/Bad postprocessing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Processed/Bad postprocessing Advice

I just got two photos of Delta aircraft rejected, while my other two shots from the same day were accepted. Both were rejected for the reason "over processed/bad postprocessing."

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Could somebody give me some advice on what I did wrong, and possibly how to fix it?

Originally posted by Aviation34L View Post
    I just got two photos of Delta aircraft rejected, while my other two shots from the same day were accepted. Both were rejected for the reason "over processed/bad postprocessing."

Could somebody give me some advice on what I did wrong, and possibly how to fix it?
    Visible ring of halos (everywhere, I just circled some for you to recognize it). This usually means you played around with shadow and highlight tools too much; check your histogram, it shows strong clipped shadows and highlights, which are probably the reason for the halo occurrence.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	120
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	1173487Click image for larger version

Views:	90
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1173488

Same for 2. These shots are great and we definitely need shots in the database! Work on those and get accepted! Good luck​​

Comment

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post

Visible ring of halos (everywhere, I just circled some for you to recognize it). This usually means you played around with shadow and highlight tools too much; check your histogram, it shows strong clipped shadows and highlights, which are probably the reason for the halo occurrence.
      Click image for larger version

Views:	120
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	1173487Click image for larger version

Views:	90
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1173488

Same for 2. These shots are great and we definitely need shots in the database! Work on those and get accepted! Good luck​​
      Thanks man, this helped me too!

Comment

Working...
      X