Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tad high yes....
    Superb quality shot though Alejandro !

Comment

• Thanks a lot Will!!! Well i will leave it there and see what happens, I guess it has 50% and 50% to get in, and if it rejected I'll fixed it. One thing i don't really understand is why the pictures are low in the frame, but they are really centerd if you know what I mean, like this:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6114110&nseq=3

The aircraft seems to be low in the frame for someone who don't know much about photography like me. For example, the picture i just put in this forum for pre-screening looks ok to me. So i would like someone to explain me what do you need to use to center the photo in this cases, the nose, the tail...?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Alejandro.

Comment

• Having a picture centered and framing it properly are two different things , sure you can center the plane by the windows or center of the plane being in the middle cross hair when cropping , but you also have to remember the tail which can make it look uneven.

You sorta gotta counteract the height of the tail by lowering it a little more to make it 'appear' centred

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Got this one rejected and she is Oversharpened:

So I gave it a new go and I think she is ok now and didn't overcontrast like the first one:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It was painfully difficult (and cold) shooting in these wx conditions that as the comment says, this shot is pretty much the only one that can be saved.

Thanks in advance!
          Tomas.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomas_cubero

So I gave it a new go and I think she is ok now and didn't overcontrast like the first one:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1775331

Hi Tomas, you did improved it, but I am still not too enthousiastic about it. Some parts are a bit soft (nose, front gear doors) and the belly got some noise. I think it is a borderline.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

• I have just restarted taking photos again. I need your help on these ones.

I don't want to bother using my time to upload and wait to only get these rejected. So I thought I should start here.

Please check the sizes too, These 800pixel are only resized from the 1200pixel images I have made. I have totally forgotten dimensions of pixels. whether it should be 1200-700/900. ?

Thanks.

The reason is why Im asking for help is that I have not been uploading for about 6 months now.
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdeboer
                Hi Tomas, you did improved it, but I am still not too enthousiastic about it. Some parts are a bit soft (nose, front gear doors) and the belly got some noise. I think it is a borderline.

cheers, Pamela
                Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the helpful reply. Now that she is in the queue I'll let the screeners have a go at it, and then will try to re-edit them, the photos that day were 95% rubbish but I just want to save one of the 777-300 which I only saw there once.

Thanks!
                Tomas.

Comment

• G'day Max, They all look great except the backlit ones. The SAS 340 looks a tad to dark to. If you are worried, just look at the database. Here is a link that may be of use for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenden S
                    G'day Max, They all look great except the backlit ones. The SAS 340 looks a tad to dark to. If you are worried, just look at the database. Here is a link that may be of use for you.
                    http://www.jid.me.uk/workflow/index.html
                    Thanks mate. I'll look into that. Guess I'll start over with the SK340. The shitty weather keeps changing eh...

If Im gonna upload at 1200pixels, which are the appropriate height for it?
                    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

• 1200*800 is what I edit my photos to. Remember to keep it within the JP ratio.
                      Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Comment

• 1200 x 800 for a 3:2 ratio and 1200 x 900 for a 4:3 ratio. Those are the exact figures but you will remain within JP size requirements if the small figure is between 800 and 900.

Personally I mostly upload at 1200 x 800 but the subject layout/composition/content can sometimes benefit from a different size.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Hi again JP,

Need help with these two rejects:

I really don't see the same problem with both, light poles look levelled and oversharpening I can't really see where.

Thanks for the help!
                          Tomas.

Comment

• light poles are a bad reference. Use buildings.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999
                              1200 x 800 for a 3:2 ratio and 1200 x 900 for a 4:3 ratio. Those are the exact figures but you will remain within JP size requirements if the small figure is between 800 and 900.

Personally I mostly upload at 1200 x 800 but the subject layout/composition/content can sometimes benefit from a different size.
                              but the upload page of JP says that Your maximum approved upload size is 1024 pixels wide. - Request a larger approved upload size -?

How about that?

Comment

• Then it is 1024x768 to 1024x683

Comment

Working...
                                X