Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, anybody willing to help with the post I wrote, it is 5 before this one and was asking for help on an oversharpen rejection... greatly appreciate any input!!

Comment

• Well after the thumbs up from Pamela I was given this http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2101625.

What needs to be done?

-Chris

Comment

• Well after the thumbs up from Pamela I was given this http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2101625.

What needs to be done?
        It has a yellow cast which is also affecting the contrast. Set the grey point on the main gear tyre, adjust the dark tone side of the histogram just a little and you get this result in the middle part...

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?i...72117v2kk3.jpg
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• "Alwaysconcorde",

Unfortunately the image is overexposed with the whites being completely blown out on the fuselage and tail. In bright light like this I tend to underexpose by -.3 to -0.7 EV to retain some highlight detail which can be worked on in PS.

Sharpening wise, it is already a bit oversharp in the original. Do you have any kind of auto sharpness set in camera when you take the picture ? If you do, turn it off if possible.

Unfortunately, one for the personal collection I think.

Comment

• Thanks Brian! I have a point and shoot camera (Lumix DMC-LZ6) but I've learned a lot how to use the advanced features but I've read these cameras usually do some sort of processing inside, don't they?, unfortunately in this one it didn't work.. well ok

I have other pics of this plane, guess i'll try those....

Comment

• Hey guys do you think 1 or 2 passes of 50_0.2_0 should do the trick?
              Thanks
              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2106170

Comment

• 1 pass should be ok. see how it goes and possibly try 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenden S View Post
                  1 pass should be ok. see how it goes and possibly try 2
                  Ok thanks. Will give it a shot.

Comment

• Hello gents,

Rejected because it's blurry. Can I have your comments on it?

Thanks
                    A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

• Hello gents,

Rejected because it's blurry. Can I have your comments on it?
                      The picture has an overall blur to it. Sharpening has no effect so there isn't even an element of "soft" in it. Not recoverable I'm afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        The picture has an overall blur to it. Sharpening has no effect so there isn't even an element of "soft" in it. Not recoverable I'm afraid.
                        Thank you for your prompt reply, Brian.

Also, thank you for yr comment on the "Euroatlantic" Tristar.

Best regards
                        José Luis
                        A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

• ok so i just got this rejection

reasons :Overexposed and backlit

i clicked the picture in question with this effect in mind...doeas'nt it appeal?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy_shekar View Post
                            ok so i just got this rejection

reasons :Overexposed and backlit

i clicked the picture in question with this effect in mind...doeas'nt it appeal?

Thanks
                            Sadly the sky is rather blown out. If you deliberately increased the exposure during processing you might just possibly be able to recover this, if not then it would be best to move on I am afraid.

Comment

• Hello.

Again one of my Fokker Window views was rejected. This time for Soft and Contrast

Soft should be no problem, but contrast. Any hints what can be made better? As said before the windows were very dirty on that flight.

Thanks for your help!

georg
                              ________
                              ECIGS123
                              Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRS-Spotter View Post
                                Hello.

Again one of my Fokker Window views was rejected. This time for Soft and Contrast

Soft should be no problem, but contrast. Any hints what can be made better? As said before the windows were very dirty on that flight.

Thanks for your help!

georg

Hmmm the contrast is a bit high but IMO not over done. Drop it down a bit sharpen the shot up and I think it will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X