Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florian G View Post
    I'm using Photoshop 7.0 and I sharpen the pictures with the normal sharpening tools.

Hope this helps. Can you tell me how I can see if the picture is sharpened enough?
    There are a couple of different ways you can sharpen images in Photoshop. Which specific tools are you using and what kind of settings have you been using?

There isn't a way of telling when something's sharp enough really, you just kind of get used to it in time. I do consider sharpening to be one of the harder aspects of digital photography to get to grips with but it all comes with practice.

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
      Florian G:- The main problem does indeed seem to be softness. What kind of sharpening settings are you using?

Tomasz:- The dust spot is quite faint but still visible, and it's directly above the prop blade on engine No.2.

Siegi:- I'm still a bit confused. I can't find a rejection of yours for an Aegean A320 so should that be in the pre-screening thread rather than here? We really do need to keep them separate because simple people like me are very easily confused! To give a quick opinion I think it's ok. A bit of Curves adjustment to bring the plane out a little more would work well but I think it's worth uploading as it is.

Hello,
      No reject an photo og Aegean A320 in JP, this pre-screening to acceptance to JP, but the photo in queue.

thank you anyway.

Comment

• This got rejected for colour. What exactly is wrong with it?

Comment

• Ben, EK A380's aren't blue!

These shots really aren't easy to get right but this isn't bad. If you shot it RAW then try shifting the colour temperature slightly more to the warm end. If it's JPEG then maybe try using the Colour Balance tool to give it a little more red and a bit less blue. Darkening it slightly might also help.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• I do that and the sky turns gray (or black if I add some contrast). Is this OK?

EDIT: or can I just copy the blue sky into the background of the white plane (or would this count as digital manipulation)?

Comment

• It did that because you waaaay overdid it! I was thinking something a little more subtle like this:

The only thing is it's showing very heavy signs of compression and a lot of noise but you may get better results editing from the original. And yep, that would very definitely be digital manipulation!

My images on Flickr

Comment

• like this then?

Comment

• Originally posted by biggerben View Post
                  I do that and the sky turns gray (or black if I add some contrast). Is this OK?

EDIT: or can I just copy the blue sky into the background of the white plane (or would this count as digital manipulation)?
                  Yes...copying anything from one picture to another is defacto manipulation, and a real big no no. This recent edit is getting closer. This time too much red. Try a bit less...

Comment

• Hmm... Well now there are two screeners saying slightly different things I'm a bit confused!

It's getting there Ben but still looking quite compressed (at least to my eyes). Is it a heavy crop? Remember you don't necessarily have to try get really close in for shots like this.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• like this? (wow, these contrails are difficult!)

When I said copy the blue sky I worded that badly. What I meant was to only change the white balance of the plane and not the sky!

Comment

• How were you going to only adjust the plane? It's debatable whether that'd edging towards manipulation or not really. Any other crew opinions?

And yeah, frankly these shots are a pain in the arse!

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                          There are a couple of different ways you can sharpen images in Photoshop. Which specific tools are you using and what kind of settings have you been using?

There isn't a way of telling when something's sharp enough really, you just kind of get used to it in time. I do consider sharpening to be one of the harder aspects of digital photography to get to grips with but it all comes with practice.

Paul
                          True, it all comes with practice . However, I think that people have different views whether a picture is sharp enough or not.

I'm using the German version of Photoshop but I hope I can still tell you the settings. Filter-> Sharpen-> unsharp mask-> then I try to find a good value for sharpening

Hope this helps and maybe you have a better way

Comment

• Please help me

Hi all

Today photo reject:

I heve photo another angle:
                            HL7466. Boeing 747-4B5F(SCD). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This photo similar??

Siegi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siegi N. View Post
                              Hi all

Today photo reject:

I heve photo another angle:
                              HL7466. Boeing 747-4B5F(SCD). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This photo similar??

Siegi.
                              Similar background and less than 45 degress difference in the angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
                                Similar background and less than 45 degress difference in the angles.
                                Thank!

In the next photo I can't find spot, where the spot in the photo?

Siegi.

Comment

Working...
                                X