Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATAAirlines View Post
    Where exactly?

I am sorry but really I cant see them. the first one was not tangible too
    Hi ya

I've circled the second spot, the screeners mentioned. If you "equalise" the image then it makes dust spots easier to see.

Regards
    René

Comment

• Hello Screeners;

Any idea what category was wrong on this one?

Best regards,
      Jeremy

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremydando View Post

Any idea what category was wrong on this one?
        The reason for rejection is ' Categories wrong or missing'
        It needs small prop category, you can find that here: http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=41981

Comment

• Bad colour/hue/saturation

I've had a few rejected with this problem; can anyone tell me how (a) I can repair this, if I can, or (b) how I can avoid this in future?

Comment

• Originally posted by akerosid View Post
            I've had a few rejected with this problem; can anyone tell me how (a) I can repair this, if I can, or (b) how I can avoid this in future?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3800186
            You can use white balance setting. and increase contrast with any software such as Photoshop , ACDsee , ... .

Comment

• Really would like to know why this one was rejected for oversharpened and too much or too little contrast ?

I looked at it a dozen of times now but i absolutely don't see reasons for rejecting. Sharpening is good and contrast is beautifull.

Please an explaination for this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                Really would like to know why this one was rejected for oversharpened and too much or too little contrast ?

I looked at it a dozen of times now but i absolutely don't see reasons for rejecting. Sharpening is good and contrast is beautifull.

Please an explaination for this one
                Theres a touch to much contrast, details are being lost in both the highlights and shadows. As for oversharpened, the blue and red ribbon on the front looks a bit overdone, as does the registration and parts of the wing.

Originally posted by akerosid
                The jet 2 has a lack of contrast and is sitting too low in the frame. Any photo editing software will fix both of these issues, As for colour i cant really see a hue to it, so hopefully by adding contrast it will also introduce a bit of saturation.

The easy jet also needs a touch more contrast, albeit, less than the jet 2. Colours dont seem too bad, but im new at this screening thing.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Please help me with my rejection

Hello...

I seem to be having problems with this shot...I shot it through a greenish terminal window and am not able to fix the "Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)" rejection.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Picture in question..

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3797667

Thank you
                  Regards
                  Vivek

Comment

• Originally posted by Vivekkaul View Post
                    Hello...

I seem to be having problems with this shot...I shot it through a greenish terminal window and am not able to fix the "Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)" rejection.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Picture in question..

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3797667

Thank you
                    Regards
                    Vivek
                    Hey Vivek,

This is quite an easy fix since our problem channel is green,

Using photoshop, i used the curves (control+m), then selected the green channel. I made a quick adjustment of the white point for the green channel, and reduced its output to 220, this gives a straight line from (0,0) to (255,220). Now our red channel is dominating the highlights, so now selecting the red channel, reduing the white point to an output of around 245 (cant remember exactly what i did) to remove that. While not perfect, it'll get you on the right track.

Heres a before and after to show you your photo and what you should be aiming for.
                    Last edited by Simpleboy; 2012-04-12, 01:25.
                    Sam Rudge

Comment

• Sam (Simpleboy) is going to kill me for this but an even easier way to fix this is to go to "Image"...."Adjustments"...."Levels" and select the white point dropper. (Bottom right of the window, the right hand dropper.) Find a well lit, preferably flat, panel that you know is white in reality. I used the aircraft tow unit using the panel just to the right of the front wheel. Click on this and .....Hey Presto ! this is what you get....

Last edited by brianw999; 2012-04-12, 11:25.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Simpleboy and Brian...Thank you very much for your assistance, but this raises another issue...now my image has a purple/magenta hue all over ..so do i just do the RGB/CYMK technique to get rid of it??

Thank you again
                        Vivek

Comment

• ??????? Purple/Magenta ????????
                          Are you sure you used the white balance selection tool and are you sure you put the selection tip on the white tow truck. It sounds like you have either used the wrong tool or clicked in the wrong place.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            ??????? Purple/Magenta ????????
                            Are you sure you used the white balance selection tool and are you sure you put the selection tip on the white tow truck. It sounds like you have either used the wrong tool or clicked in the wrong place.
                            Done as you said Brian..but it happens..i am having to apply a yellow filter to tone down the bluish/purple hue...Woe is me ...damn you JFK and your green tinted windows...

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                              Sam (Simpleboy) is going to kill me for this but an even easier way to fix this is to go to "Image"...."Adjustments"...."Levels" and select the white point dropper. (Bottom right of the window, the right hand dropper.) Find a well lit, preferably flat, panel that you know is white in reality. I used the aircraft tow unit using the panel just to the right of the front wheel. Click on this and .....Hey Presto ! this is what you get....[/IMG]
                              True, but what do you do when theres no actual white point in your photo? (not really often in aviation photos but can occur in other types)

@ Vivek,
                              Are you sure you selected the white point instead of say grey point?

Also, if you use the white/grey/black point selector in the curves it shows you what adjustments it makes to the photo. Any chance we can see the outcome of your attempts? And what photo editing program are you using?
                              Sam Rudge

Comment

• I am still trying to master my panning technique. Is it possible to sharpen this one up enough to get accepted? Parts of the aircraft look OK.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X