Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely that's lacking direct sunlight because it's cloudy and there isn't any direct sunlight?
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Hi, I wonder why these were rejected. Whats wrong with the category.... should this be a sunrise shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by CO777 View Post
        Hi, I wonder why these were rejected. Whats wrong with the category.... should this be a sunrise shot?
        If you did not tick any category, then yes, night shot should be ticked. In addition it could also be that you mistakenly ticked a wrong category, I can not see what you ticked.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

• Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
          If you did not tick any category, then yes, night shot should be ticked. In addition it could also be that you mistakenly ticked a wrong category, I can not see what you ticked.

cheers, Pamela
          I can't see it anymore too

This one was accepted so I guess I just forgot to tick it for the three rejected pictures.

Thanks
          Julian

Comment

• Must say I'm vexed by this undersharpened rejection. To my eyes the titles are sharp and the jagged edges are already starting to creep in around some areas...what am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by smartguy24 View Post
              Must say I'm vexed by this undersharpened rejection. To my eyes the titles are sharp and the jagged edges are already starting to creep in around some areas...what am I missing?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3857053
              She could do with a little USM boost.
              The info you used is also incorrect. This is no C-130E but a WC-130H.
              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by smartguy24 View Post
                Must say I'm vexed by this undersharpened rejection. To my eyes the titles are sharp and the jagged edges are already starting to creep in around some areas...what am I missing?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3857053
                Two overall passes of USM at 50_0.2_0 and then select the cockpit area including the lower windows and two more passes at the same strength should do it. Be careful not to oversharpen the number under the cockpit.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Erwin, thanks for the info. Completely missed that. Auto-fill can definitely make me lazy at times.

Brian, thanks for the sharpening recommendations. Will give that a go and hope for the best.

Comment

• Can a screener confirm my suspicion this has too much contrast?

Thanks!

Comment

• Digital Manipulation?

That's a new one for me. Most rejects I get are for under-sharp or some boneheaded mistake like bad info. Not really sure what I "manipulated" since I pretty much make it a rule not to mess around with the photo beyond what is necessary to prepare it for uploading such as crop, brightness/exposure, remove dust spot(s), leveling, sharpness, and such.

Comment

• Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                        Digital Manipulation?

That's a new one for me. Most rejects I get are for under-sharp or some boneheaded mistake like bad info. Not really sure what I "manipulated" since I pretty much make it a rule not to mess around with the photo beyond what is necessary to prepare it for uploading such as crop, brightness/exposure, remove dust spot(s), leveling, sharpness, and such.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3861209
                        The manipulation is referring to the light banding all around the wings, fin and underbelly. There is also a light curving band running around the upper sky.
                        It looks like you've done some kind of layer work to define the edges but it hasn't worked properly. All this can be seen without equalisation but if you equalise the image it becomes very obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCoulter View Post
                          Can a screener confirm my suspicion this has too much contrast?

Thanks!
                          More like too little contrast actually. The light coloured aircraft is blending into that grey sky.
                          I'm out with my iPad at the moment so I don't have the benefit of Photoshop but I think I would use a layer approach here to retain the light sky and darken the mid tones a little. It doesn't need a lot, just enough to define the aircraft against the sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            More like too little contrast actually. The light coloured aircraft is blending into that grey sky.
                            I'm out with my iPad at the moment so I don't have the benefit of Photoshop but I think I would use a layer approach here to retain the light sky and darken the mid tones a little. It doesn't need a lot, just enough to define the aircraft against the sky.
                            Thanks Brian, will re-edit it and give it another go!

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                              The manipulation is referring to the light banding all around the wings, fin and underbelly. There is also a light curving band running around the upper sky.
                              It looks like you've done some kind of layer work to define the edges but it hasn't worked properly. All this can be seen without equalisation but if you equalise the image it becomes very obvious.
                              Yeah, I see it on the equalize, but I know I didn't mess with layers since I tend to make things worse with that feature. Looking @ the original, I think it's a flaw with the actual image because I can see the same thing, just less pronounced. Probably became more obvious during the normal editing. Oh well; I'll just select a different one and check any more I have pending for the same thing.

Thanks, Brian.

Comment

• Hi all!
                                Got this one reejected for unlevel. I'm having a hard time seeing it so what do you use as a referense in the photo and how much do I need to rotate it?

Comment

Working...
                                X