Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fredda9000 View Post
    Hi all!
    Got this one reejected for unlevel. I'm having a hard time seeing it so what do you use as a referense in the photo and how much do I need to rotate it?
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3862662
    The road behind the runway is a good point to level her.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      Is it really that unlevel? I know you shouldn't use the fenceposts or other posts as referense but they will all be leaning quite a bit if I do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
        I disagree. You can't use the road as the plane wasn't photographed at a 90° angle. Always use vertical references.

In this case there is no reliable vertical reference line. That said, the rejection is a bit harsh. Nevertheless, looking at the fenceposts they are all slightly leaning to the left. I'd rotate it about 0.5° CW.

Comment

• Well I do think if you rotate her like this she looks fine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• So what is the final verdict? It's a big differens between magic48's 0,5 degrees and ErwinS suggestion. Or should i just appeal the rejection?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredda9000 View Post
              So what is the final verdict? It's a big differens between magic48's 0,5 degrees and ErwinS suggestion. Or should i just appeal the rejection?
              There is actually not much difference between the 0,5 degree suggestion and the actual example given by Erwin. The final verdict is that you image is unlevel.

Comment

• This is one of those really difficult ones. Given that trees generally grow straight up the key that catches my eye is the tree aligned with the main gear in the centre of the picture. Visually that makes me think that the original is pretty well on the mark.

I'm not helping very much, am I ?
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• In the original the fence leans to the left, whereas in the example given by Erwin the fence is straight up.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

Got this picture rejected:

Reasons:
                    - overprocessed/bad postprocessing

I'm a bit puzzled where this remark may refer to. Any suggestions?

And rejected one:

Reason:
                    - jpg compression artefacts

Still, after reading a lot of stuff about this problem, I find it very difficult to solve this. I don't see it in this picture.

Funny enough, this picture was accepted but processed the same way as the rejected one:
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7383481

Thanks in advance for any comments/help/suggestions.

Matthew Lima

Comment

• Originally posted by MatthewLima View Post
                      Hi everyone,

Got this picture rejected:

Reasons:
                      - overprocessed/bad postprocessing

I'm a bit puzzled where this remark may refer to. Any suggestions?

And rejected one:

Reason:
                      - jpg compression artefacts

Still, after reading a lot of stuff about this problem, I find it very difficult to solve this. I don't see it in this picture.

Funny enough, this picture was accepted but processed the same way as the rejected one:
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7383481

Thanks in advance for any comments/help/suggestions.

Matthew Lima
                      Howdy, your first pic has a dark halo around the cockpit, potentailly caused by the incorrect use of the shadow highlight tool on photoshop. There is also a weird light patch around the a/c and buildings at the bottom, potentially caused by the incorrect use of layers when editing. Dust spot is about 2/3rds the way up from the rearmost point on the verticle stabiliser.

The second pic, I see compression on the tail of the a/c. The green and blue around the koru show it easiest. With regards to your accepted pic, there is some compression, however, not as much as in your rejected pic.

Hope this helps.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                        Hope this helps.
                        Thanks! I will try again processing these pics.

Comment

• Who can find the dustspot?? I can't! Thanks in advance...

Comment

• Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                            Who can find the dustspot?? I can't! Thanks in advance...

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3867743
                            Hi,
                            I can see it on the left side under the nose.
                            Unfortunately, I cannot attach now a screenshot, but it is visible clearly.

Best regards,
                            Erez.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                              Who can find the dustspot?? I can't! Thanks in advance...

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3867743
                              You should rely on the Equalize tool with every image you edit, this will prevent any CMOS dust rejections in the future.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Wolf View Post
                                You should rely on the Equalize tool with every image you edit, this will prevent any CMOS dust rejections in the future.

Cheers.

Thanks for this tip Michael! I've always used the histogram. But the equal tool is much better!

Comment

Working...
                                X