Rare old Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare old Pics

ok guys i have some very rare and rather old pics that are not in the Database.

they are well over 12 years old and i am wondering if someone can work some wonders on them for me.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

and this one

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Here is my attempt.I took kaddyuk's version and removed some of the noise.

Scott
      "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
      doubt."

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

nice work guys

have no idea how you managed to tidy it up but thankyou!!

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Try this program

Neat Image reduces high ISO noise, grain, artifacts in images from digital cameras, flatbed and slide scanners. It is a tool for professional photographers and digital image processing enthusiasts.

I heard about it in a previous post and I've been praising it ever since!It works amazingly well to remove grain and noise from photos.

Good Luck
          Scott
          "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
          doubt."

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

hnmmmmmmmm thats a Air Pacific 747-100 or 200B which i am sure its a 200B on lease from Qantas
            Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
              Originally posted by Ansett
              hnmmmmmmmm thats a Air Pacific 747-100 or 200B which i am sure its a 200B on lease from Qantas

Its a -100 you can tell by the number of windows in the hump (awaits to be proved wrong lol)
              OK, you're wrong

There were -200s with few windows but they are rare.

Comment

its a 100 and it was on lease to QF from Air Pacific in the early 90s, was flying mostly out of perth on the per-sin run.

next trips
                USA/DXB August.

Comment

if you can weave some magic with the UTA it would be fabo!

next trips
                  USA/DXB August.

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the UTA, that window post, the trucks and only half the plane are screaming badmotive very loudly indeed ! :P

The QF/Air Pacific is a surefire acceptance from Scott's edit, but would look better with a little sharpening around the details like this:

Cheers

Garry
                    Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                    Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

umm its a -200 model Air Pacific leased it from Qantas in about the 90's i remember because i flew on it!, Air Pacific did not operate a Per - Sin run lol oh well ur wrong
                      Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Sorry Ansett, I have to contradict you.

The pictured Boeing 747 is Boeing 747-123 cn 20108 EI-CAI. It also operated as VH-EEI whilst on lease to Qantas. The registration changed from the Australian register when Citycorp leased the aircraft to Aer Lingus, who leased the aircraft to Qantas who leased the aircraft to Air Pacific!
                        The pertinent dates are as follows:
                        • 11 March 1988 to 22 November 1989 leased by Qantas
                          April 1988 to April 1989 operated by Air Pacific 'Island of Viti Levu'
                          15 November 1989 leased to Aer Lingus, subleased to Qantas in Air Pacific livery
                          21 March 1990 returned to Citicorp, to Virgin Atlantic as G-VMIA

[photoid=119582]
                        She's now history, scrapped in Kemble.

Ansett, Air Pacific operated B747-200s leased from Qantas and Air New Zealand throughout the 90s. VH-EEI/EI-CAI did indeed operate for Qantas as the dates above indicated, so it is feasible that it operated Perth-Singapore!

Here's ZK-NZY in the scheme that VH-EEI/EI-CAI wore
                        [photoid=61063]

Comment

Originally posted by Ansett
                          umm its a -200 model Air Pacific leased it from Qantas in about the 90's i remember because i flew on it!, Air Pacific did not operate a Per - Sin run lol oh well ur wrong
                          mate, its a 100 model that was leased to QF, it spent most of its time in perth albeit very short. and was operating mostly from perth to singapore, the aircraft remained in air pacific livery, as you can see it also had the QF name on it, hence QF were using that aircraft, QF also used PH-MCF on the perth-singapore run, this a.c was leased from martinair holland, it was around the time that services from per-sin went from 762 to 747 a/c.

ansett, i hate to tell you this but you are very wrong.

also i have a pic of the rear half of the a/c, it is also called island of veti levu and is named so on the left side of the a/c.

next trips
                          USA/DXB August.

Comment

This aircraft also flew into Adelaide each week for a time.

AIRIGAMI.NET
                            http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Wow Airigami, I spent hours trying to find a shot of old EEI. She was a bit of a pain in the backside during Qantas and Air Pacific operations, hard to maintain etc. Poor old FJ had to ferry her from Nadi to Sydney with the gear down at one point for repair.
                              Incidentally she wasn't the only -100 series operated by Qantas, during the boom surrounding the 1988 World Expo in Brisbane Aer Lingus and Tower Air -100s were leased in their owner's liveries and small Qantas titles to boost capacity.

Comment

Working...
                              X