X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Hi,

I had an image that I was unsure of what size would be best to upload. I thought I'd try to upload the same image in both sizes, which resulted in both images being rejecte for a double upload. I didn't know about this type of rejection, but after reading the forum, I clearly understand that it is a very fair rejection and that it was silly of me to have uploaded twice.

Would I be able to ask for pre-screening of the image that I was initially unsure of please? I've attached the 1920x1080 px version, though I suspet there may be noise issues with this one and the 1200x800 is better suited or upload.

Thank you for your time and feedback on this matter.

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6-EBB_EGPF_MEDRES_V2_9946.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1103305

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
    Could I please ask for some advice regarding this image?

It was rejected for contrast - initially I may have thought that contrast would have been 'too low', and so I appealed the photo. My appeal was rejected, with the comments stating that the histogram shows that the dark tones are underexposed. Has my initial thought been wrong, and that there is actually 'too much' contrast? If so, can this be fixed be editing?

Thank you very much for your time!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8423963
    Image has already been appealed, and comments left.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Could I please ask for some advice regarding this image?

It was rejected for contrast - initially I may have thought that contrast would have been 'too low', and so I appealed the photo. My appeal was rejected, with the comments stating that the histogram shows that the dark tones are underexposed. Has my initial thought been wrong, and that there is actually 'too much' contrast? If so, can this be fixed be editing?

Thank you very much for your time!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Thank you for the feedback, Dana! I'll have another look at the contrast and give the new image a try.

Regards,

Kyle

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    My apologies, I'd forgotten to do that after making the other adjustements.

I've now reduced the image to 1200x800, does this seem better? I understand that lower pixel sizes should be used with images of lower overall quality. Out of curiosity, was that the case here, or were there any specific issues with the original 1920x1080 image, such as sharpness, noise, compression etc?

Thank you, again, for your time and feedback.

Regards,

Kyle
    Original was much too soft for 1920. New version hides the flaws somewhat better, but will still be borderline, especially for contrast.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    My apologies, I'd forgotten to do that after making the other adjustements.

I've now reduced the image to 1200x800, does this seem better? I understand that lower pixel sizes should be used with images of lower overall quality. Out of curiosity, was that the case here, or were there any specific issues with the original 1920x1080 image, such as sharpness, noise, compression etc?

Thank you, again, for your time and feedback.

Regards,

Kyle
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you for the feedback! How is this image now?

Regards,

Kyle
    I think you missed the part about 'smaller size is better'.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Thank you for the feedback! How is this image now?

Regards,

Kyle

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• meneses24
    replied
    Hello,

Could someone kindly please offer any feedback on this image please? Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Kyle
    Smaller size is better for this one. Give it more saturation & contrast

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Hello,

Could someone kindly please offer any feedback on this image please? Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Kyle

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Thank you for the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

Could I please ask for some advice on this photo please? I'd just like to check if the angle and composition is acceptable for such a shot of stored aircraft. Thank you very much for your time and feedback!

Regards,

Kyle
    Composition fine, but borderline contrast & compression in the sky.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Hello,

Could I please ask for some advice on this photo please? I'd just like to check if the angle and composition is acceptable for such a shot of stored aircraft. Thank you very much for your time and feedback!

Regards,

Kyle

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Could anyone please help with regard to the previous post please?

Regards,

Kyle

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Hello, could I please ask for some general advice as to why this image recieved a 'motive' rejection please? Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Kyle

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X