No announcement yet.

South America carriers update: JJ to JFK/RG to Luanda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I forgot the additional GRU-flight. I had no idea about the NQN-CRD flights though...thanks! I guess the flgiht starts at AEP.

They don't need any additional A310s for the BOG/CCS service since LIM will go back from 5x A310 + 2x MD-80 to 5x MD-80 + 2x A310.

However, they still intend to get a further A310. No news about MEX, except that they'd like to operate via LIM, using A310s. I guess it will depend on getting a second A310.

As to Southern Winds, their only 767-300ER is LV-registered (in fact, they returned both former TF-registered and Air Atlanta-operated 767 and replaced it with an ex-TWA 767-300), so they cannot operate it to MIA. It seems they still sell tickets to MIA, but all their EZE-MIA flights are cancelled and passengers end up flying AA.

Comment

No way TAM will fly NYC. There´s no slots available.

And NO, Varig won´t fly to Luanda, just CPT and JNB.

Change your information sender.
      Sowing the seeds of love
      Roland Orzabal and Chris Hughes

Comment

Unfortunately these information are reported by Flight International.

If something is reported on Flight International, they're highly credible.

So don't be surprised if TAM is in New York in 2004 or 2005 (unless they don't want to) and VARIG to Luanda if they get approvals.
        Airline Route News
        Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

Mtorello
          The fligth will be AEPNQNCRD.
          Aeroposta
          Seems a very good deal to buy a cheap ticket to fly SW and end up flying AA.

Comment

Well, I guess they stopped doing it. The MIA-flights appeared as "cancelled" for a few weeks, although MIA was still marketed as one of their destinations. And since SW has an agreement with AA, the passengers ended up flying AA. I don't know what happened to the passengers booking the EZE-MIA flight after SW stopped operating it on its own.

Comment

Working...
            X