No announcement yet.

Man Sues USAir for His Drunken Antics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Sues USAir for His Drunken Antics!

BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - A West Virginia man who fell down an escalator at an airport sued US Airways, alleging the airline didn't warn him about the adverse affects of drinking alcohol on a plane.
    Floyd W. Shuler, 61, filed the lawsuit against Virginia-based US Airways Inc., in circuit court in Fort Myers.

Shuler, who has lived part-time on Marco Island, said in the suit that US Airways was negligent by failing to warn him the effects of alcohol are greater at night on airline passengers. (Did anyones else know that?) The suit, filed Friday, also alleges that the company did not properly maintain the escalator at Southwest Florida International Airport when he fell down it on Aug. 28, 1999.

The suit seeks damages in excess of $15,000.

Amy Kudwa, a spokeswoman for US Airways, declined to comment to the Naples Daily News for Wednesday editions.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

How dumb can one human be?
    GO SIOUX

Comment

Hahahahahaha............supid git!

Comment

Stupid they would even allow him to attempt to sue for this, it is just like the case where other airlines have been sued because they could not put the wheel chair on the pax deck, but the people sued because they had to put the wheel chair in the cargo hold. You can't use a wheel chair in flight on a plane anyway, not enough room, so what does it matter?

Comment

They should make being stupid illegal

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            They should make being stupid illegal
            One of my friends has a shirt that says "Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go." :P

Yeah... Just another frivolous lawsuit. People blaming others for their own stupidity... And is US Airways really responsible for the maintenence of an escalator at an International Airport??
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
              Stupid they would even allow him to attempt to sue for this, it is just like the case where other airlines have been sued because they could not put the wheel chair on the pax deck, but the people sued because they had to put the wheel chair in the cargo hold. You can't use a wheel chair in flight on a plane anyway, not enough room, so what does it matter?
              That's a great argument, but WN lost that one. They have to retro-fit planes with a little compartment in the galley now.

Comment

why wasn't it on airline?

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                  Originally posted by chrisburns
                  That's a great argument, but WN lost that one. They have to retro-fit planes with a little compartment in the galley now.
                  I know, Northwest just lost also, so they have to retro-fit many of the planes.

Comment

Hey I think that the man is still drunk!!! That could be the only explination. This is like the Mc Donalds case where they were sold because they did not tell some lady that the coffee that they served was hot
                    O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Man Sues USAir for His Drunken Antics!

God, some people are so f'n ridiculous . Too bad that with all the freedoms in the US, you also have the freedom to sue big companies for your own stupidities .

-Colin

Comment

Re: Man Sues USAir for His Drunken Antics!

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        God, some people are so f'n ridiculous . Too bad that with all the freedoms in the US, you also have the freedom to sue big companies for your own stupidities .

-Colin
                        It's no big deal. If there's any real justice, he'll surely lose his case.

Comment

If he's suing about the escalator then he's suing the wrong people anyway. I'm sure it is maintained by the airport and not by the airline. duh!

Comment

Re: Man Sues USAir for His Drunken Antics!

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                            Originally posted by DAL767-400ER

-Colin
                            It's no big deal. If there's any real justice, he'll surely lose his case.
                            Ditto with Colin
                            He will probably lose his case, provided
                            -he can't pick up a typical pestering lawyer
                            -the airline will not be too stingy to appoint sensible people able to put forward and make logics win
                            Given the fact that lawyers are kings, this remains alas to be seen !
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

couldnt stop laughing. America should take the prize for the stupidest citzen. (not i said citizen so im not refering to everyone)
                              Sam Rudge
                              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                              X