No announcement yet.

Qantas's Safety Record- Still perfect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas's Safety Record- Still perfect?

Does Qantas still have a spotless safety record? I haven't heard of any incidences...ever, come to think of it, and remember the rumor (or fact) that Qantas had a perfect safety record.

Any info appreciated.

Thx!
    Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Yes QANTAS has never killed a passenger. Accidents they have had, deaths they have not.

Comment

Interesting- thanks ptbodale. Do you know what kind of 'accidents' they've had?
      Click below.

Comment

'accidents' according to the FAA mean any time there is serious injury or lots of maintainence. So for example if they're flying along, hit some turbulence and bounce a f/a off the cieling and they break an arm, that is technically an accident. I'm not sure of anything specific though.

Comment

The only accidents I know of are,

23 April 200 a landing gear strut collapsed in Rome,

22 Sept 1999 in Bangkok a B744 overran the runway in a heavy downpour,

24 Aug 1960 a Super Constellation aborted take off in Mauritius and skidded off into a ditch,

07 April 1949 a Lancastrian 1 had a landing gear collapse (training flt).

That's all I know about.

Dale

Comment

The incident in BKK was no laughing matter. QF was luck not to have a casastophy on it's hands. I recommend you look at the second one below.

Here is the investigation report. (1mb)

Here is an article about the crash 3 years on. Well summarised. (1.5mb)

Here is an animation of the final approach showing the yoke, throttle and brake activity. (4.0mb)
            YBBN - James

Comment

Who was laughing?

Comment

It has been said that the only reason QF repaired the aircraft was that it wanted to maintain it's zero hull loss record. Was it said that it may have been more economical for QF to declare the hull a write-off?

Do you have any other info AJ?
                YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                  Yes QANTAS has never killed a passenger. Accidents they have had, deaths they have not.
                  Ditto
                  For one, probably the only major airline every 707 of which was proudly parted with in one piece as a premium asset of a fellow airline. Not even a written-off here ...
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys- just what I was looking for! Interesting- I'll look at that accident writeup when I get a minute. Thanks again!
                    Click below.

Comment

Qantas did kill all those rats on their 737-800! does that count
                      Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

That QF 744 would have been written off. They fixed it keep the image intact.

Comment

it was a write off but they elected to fix it rather then claim on the insurance
                          Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ansett
                            Qantas did kill all those rats on their 737-800! does that count
                            Lol!
                            Click below.

Comment

Alough Qantas hasnt had any deaths, another incident could include the small high jacking incerdent on the boeing 717 when a man took over the plane with two sharpened sticks. no one was servilery damage but some where cut with these. The man was overpowered by passengers on the plane

Comment

Working...
                              X