American To Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American To Asia

American starts service from LAX-NRT. They think that they will build a hub in Tokyo (Not with UA and NW already there).

I don't think that they will be very successful, since it sounds like they are going to try and compete with NW and UA who already have a name for themselves in Aisa. Although Tokyo (Narita) is now a private airport. AA thinks that more slots will be opened, even though they only have two runways which sound like they are at or near max capcity.

What are your thoughts?

Here is a link at the USA Today, and no, this is not another April fools posts either.

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

They think that they will build a hub in Tokyo
    Why do you say this?
    Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
    ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

American Airlines CEO Gerard Arpey says the carrier will expand service in Asia, long its weakest link. The carrier will add flights to Japan and is developing partnerships with regional airlines. First up is the launch next month of daily non-stop service between Los Angeles and Tokyo Narita, he told the American Chamber of Commerce in Tokyo. "If you're serious about serving Asia, you have to have Narita as a hub,"
      That was from another news story, a shorter one that is also on the USA Today

Comment

I know they have SJC-NRT.
        Didn't they already have LAX-NRT???

Comment

American To Asia

AA a hub at NRT, yeah right. Only if UA fails. If not, how does Mr Arpey think they can get ideal slots at NRT? Getting good slots at NRT is nothing but a lottery. Not to forget the intense competition in and out of NRT, with NW, UA, JL, NH, and all the other Asian carriers.

-Colin

Comment

Re: American To Asia

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
            AA a hub at NRT, yeah right. Only if UA fails. If not, how does Mr Arpey think they can get ideal slots at NRT? Getting good slots at NRT is nothing but a lottery. Not to forget the intense competition in and out of NRT, with NW, UA, JL, NH, and all the other Asian carriers.

-Colin
            American seems to think that since now Narita is a privately owned airport that many more slots will open up. I have a feeling that it is not going to happen. I also dont think even in UA fails they could do well over in Asia. It is all about name brand. NW is the oldest carrier over there as far as majors go. JAL was actually started by NW. So I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Comment

American To Asia

American seems to think that since now Narita is a privately owned airport that many more slots will open up. I have a feeling that it is not going to happen. I also dont think even in UA fails they could do well over in Asia. It is all about name brand. NW is the oldest carrier over there as far as majors go. JAL was actually started by NW. So I guess all we can do is wait and see.
              Privately owned or not, as long as the old chicken farmer is still blocking the way for an extension of the second runway (and the very unlikely possibility of the crosswind runway), there won't be any slots available, unless AA plans on stationing 738s at NRT.

-Colin

Comment

chicken farmer huh well lets have an empty 747 takeoff on the short runway, make a low pass over the farm, and pull up quickly, and then aviation enthusiast will have a new food on there hands, AIRPLANE ROASTED CHICKEN

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                  AIRPLANE ROASTED CHICKEN

Remember to make sure that the chicken is not infected with bird flu.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Working...
                  X