Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fokker jets coming back

Looks like the Fokker jets are coming back as next-generation jetliners:

Notice the company's name is Fokker spelled backward.

This company will have a tough time in the already too competitive 70-110 seat market.

However, let's wish those guys the best though! I personally would love seeing next-gen Fokkers!

Happy Flying!

WOO HOO!
    now if only that website would open for me.
    what RJ has been around the longest? oh yeah, FOKKER!
    www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Re:

This might work:

Click on the changing text in the center of the screen.

what RJ has been around the longest? oh yeah, FOKKER!
      Aren't the Fokker 70 and 100 mainliners?

Happy Flying!

Comment

DC-9 longer

Anyway, I doubt anyone will buy it

Comment

Re:

Ok, for some reason, the link's dead. Here's where I actually came across the website (airliners.net):

Happy Flying!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
            DC-9 longer

Anyway, I doubt anyone will buy it
            You might wanna read the a.net thread.

Comment

k...I will

Comment

I doubt any of the legacy US airlines will buy it. All of them have new ERJs and CRJs.
                Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
                  I doubt any of the legacy US airlines will buy it. All of them have new ERJs and CRJs.
                  And almost all seem committed to one or the other

Comment

And almost all seem committed to one or the other
                    Or in US' case... Both!

(Actually, Eagle also has both ERJs and CRJs - but at least not directly competing models!)

Comment

Yeah...AE doesn't count. When they ordered the -700s, they had no idea something much better was coming...or did they? :P

Comment

according to CISS in Amsterdam (flight system)
                        I will be flying a fokker 70 in 5 hours from now (and I was hoping for a Fokker 50)
                        this baby will be mine for 50 minutes
                        Don`t you guys just love the dirty tail from the APU?

About to line-up for the flight back to Amsterdam. PH-WXC. Fokker 70. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

maybe a little off topic from me this message, but It would be great for holland if the fokkers come back, but I do agree........They have way to much competition from all the regional jets at this moment.
                        But maybe if they upgrade the fokkers really good..........they might have a chance.

see ya!
                        check out www.atcbox.com

Comment

Yeah...AE doesn't count. When they ordered the -700s, they had no idea something much better was coming...or did they? :P
                          I say they didn't. I have always gotten the feeling that they ordered the CRJ700 simply because it was the only thing out there at the time. That could be wrong of course but they always seemed much more enthusiastic about the Embraers and made it clear that they thought the CRJ200 quite inferior to the EMB 145.

On another topic as to what is an RJ and what is not, that is a tough call. The DC-9 to me is definitely not an RJ but the Fokkers (F28, 70, and 100) and BAe 146/Avro RJs are hard to place - though the name of the Avro RJ obviously suggests what BAe thought they were.

The Fokkers are especially difficult though as here in the US, AA and US both used them as mainline a/c. In Europe it's harder though. SR used them as mainline, OS uses them as mainline but VO also has some, KL used to use them as mainline but now they are WA aircraft, and on it goes. It seems the status of the F28 and derivatives as regional or mainline aircraft is quite debatable. I would be inclined to call it a mainline aircraft, or if anything a very large regional jet.

However if the F28 does not qualify as a regional jet, Fokker still had a hand in what I think would then be the first Western regional jet, the often-forgotten VFW-Fokker VFW 614. The F28 first flew in 1967, the VFW 614 in 1971.

But note I said first Western regional jet - even if the F28 is an RJ, it wasn't the first. That, I think, would have to be the Yakovlev Yak-40. With a capacity of about 27-36 seats this is undeniably an RJ and having made its first flight in 1966 it is slightly older than the F28. I can't think of anything else that could challenge it for this title though I could of course be missing something...

Comment

I wish all the best to Rekkof - they already have a foundation to build on and will have lots of potential providing they can convince airlines to buy their a/c.

I remember flying a SilkAir Fokker 70 a number of years ago and enjoying it (the configuration was 2-3 I think).

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

the new one will have updated Rolls&Royce engines and in 3-5 year a new cockpit.

they say a lot company's shown interest but there were some company's who really want to order it :

Fokker 70:

VLM 5
                              SAS 20
                              LH 20
                              KLM unknow but think between the 8-15 because the need to replace the last F-50's and the need to replace some Fokker 100's that are going to fly Ex-737-300/400 routes together with some new 737-800/900, and there is a high demand to the new NAVO country's
                              AF unknown can't tell you why they want to order it
                              Garuda '' ''

company's will chose it because of its wide cabin and with the better maintenance (the first fokker 100/70 line sucked)

the F-100 wil be launched after the Fokker 70 had its first deliveries although i dont think it will get many orders

greats maurice
                              My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Working...
                              X