• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some CHS news

For IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, March 18, 2004

For further information, Please contact: Sam Hoerter, Director of Airports
    (843) 767-7000

New Parking Garage For Charleston International Airport

Charleston, South Carolina - Charleston International Airport broke ground today for a new 1,200 plus space parking garage which will also provide curbside rain cover and covered crosswalks for passengers and customers using the airport. "This new garage and rain cover project has been in the planning stages for several years and we would like to thank Senator Ernest F. Hollings for securing the $20 million grant that is making our desire to provide a better facility for our passengers and customers a reality," said Thomas G. Botchie, Chairman of the Charleston County Aviation Authority.

The new garage will be built where the short-term parking lot is currently located. During the construction the Authority will provide a free shuttle from our new remote parking lot and for the long-term parking lot. The free shuttle will operate continuously throughout the day and evening. Also, the Authority has contracted with Republic Parking Systems to provide a "valet parking" service for those customers desiring to drop their vehicle curbside and have the valet park it.

The garage has been designed by HNTB and LS3P and will be constructed by Gulf Stream Construction Company. The project should be completed by the fall of 2005.

BB/ 3/18/04

Yeah!

We're gettin' one as well!
    www.acairport.com

Comment

CHS needs one.

I wonder how far construction will get before you come, matt.

I'll be at the airport tonight, so I will see what's going on

Comment

Little Rock had to get a new one a few years ago. It was really a hassle because they had to have a make-shirt parking lot way far away from the terminal so it took forever to walk from the terminal to the parking lot.
        Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
        ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Comment

Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
            ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              I don't do that to your threads

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                Originally posted by screaming_emu
                I don't do that to your threads
                well maybe you should

Comment

Big deal, we're getting a new runway, new international check-in building, a consolidated rental car facility, and a southside terminal and gate complex.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                    Big deal, we're getting a new runway, new international check-in building, a consolidated rental car facility, and a southside terminal and gate complex.
                    But you are the busiest (or 2nd--depends how you measure it) airport in the world. You have had a parking garage forever! This is big news for my little airport!

Comment

EWR just got a parking garage a year ago or less...
                      www.acairport.com

Comment

You mean they didn't have one before that?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

we aren't gettin a thing
                          GO SIOUX

Comment

do we seriously have a thread about parking garages? I mean damnit, come on.

Comment

JAN has one, but we are upgrading it.
                              Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X